Drivers licenses

Have any of you ever gotten your drivers license taken away? Like bc we hallucinate, have delusions and so forth. I’ve just been wondering for a while.

i have never lost my license due to being sz but in australia it is voluntary to sign the section on the part of the drivers licence saying whether you are some how mentally impaired ( have a mental illness )
i used to drive 45000 klms a year , though i would hallucinate have delusions i never lost my license.
i did overtake a b-double truck going 160klms once with a cop car behind me, but that is another story !
take care

It does concern me. I was feeling groggy last night and I turned the wrong way on the highway. I was trying to get to the service road. It was 8:30 and I hadn’t eaten dinner. I hadn’t slept well the night before either.

No, even though I have a mental illness, I still have the common sense to know when not to drive. Wether its from being too tired, too hungry, or just not feeling well, I will not take any chance on safety, mine or anyone else’s.

2 Likes

I can drive but I never tried to get a license…I do have my doubts about driving in crowded streets and cross roads, I think I lose my focus easily.

I still have my driver’s license. But I don’t drive when I get ill. If I’m not sure what I see is actually what I see I don’t drive until my meds are adjusted and I feel better.

1 Like

My eye doctor told me not to drive my auto once, but after the further tests I was allowed to drive again. Nowadays I ride my bicycle.

I have had my driver licenses for over 43 years now and have never lost it for any reason.

From the country Ridgerunner

1 Like

I’m sort of in the same boat. I haven’t lost my license do to my Sz. If I wake up too scattered or not able to concentrate, I leave the keys in the key basket and grab my bus pass.

2 Likes

My license has never been taken away, but I’ve chosen not to drive. It’s been almost 3 years since I’ve driven a car. Driving triggers my visual hallucinations, so I don’t feel safe behind the wheel anymore.

I’ve been experimenting with taking busses and taxis to where I need to go. And if that doesn’t work, my friends will usually take me to wherever I need to go.

I just don’t want to put myself or anyone else in danger.

Blessings,

Anthony

3 Likes