Dreams of a 12 string Takamine guitar soon...(saving up)

WOW !! just message me if you need any help or questions ! we could talk on the phone even if you want to.

1 Like

That would be cool @jukebox - I love playing my guitar, keeps me grounded :guitar:

3 Likes

**Never played a 12 stringā€¦but Im itching for a new guitar lately. No money...hope you get yours soon @jukebox! **

2 Likes

Just starting out with the 6 strings I canā€™t imagine dealing with 12.

1 Like

Iā€™d recommend learning a bunch of chords and just experiment

Iā€™ve been learning on a 7 string guitar . Playing in standard A tuning cuz I like heavy metal :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Dreamscape a 12 string is just tuned in harmony with each pair of strings. no biggie. same thing playing wise as a 6 string. callouses help.

2 Likes

I always wondered how a person plays those 7 stringers? I knew they were used in metal but they baffle me!

1 Like

Oh and I bought a really neat amp . Yamaha thr10x
You can plug your music player in to it and play directly with it . Also headphone capable. And multiple settings and tuner. It packs a punch for its size it looks like a little military radio!

1 Like

nice dudeā€¦I am going to go with a line 6 amp when the time comes. lots of effects for the money. I also want to buy a small amp to sing through.

1 Like

See if you can demo one of the Yamaha amps somewhere. There like 350 new

too rich for my blood dudeā€¦line 6 is about $125 and I donā€™t consider myself ā€œgood enoughā€ to get any more amp than that. I just want it since the 12 string is acoustic/ electric.

1 Like

But if youā€™re looking to start please donā€™t get a Rogue. I know itā€™s inticing but they need a lot of repairs nearly almost always right out of the factory, the quality control is so low to keep the cost down its incredible. You can probably find somebody on Craigslist for cheaper and better instrument or go on my favorite, ShopGoodwill.com

Iā€™ve ordered about 3 Rogues before and I never needed any work on them.