Drawing I did today

29 Likes

Wow that’s awesome! Did you use a photo reference?

4 Likes

Good job! 151515

4 Likes

Thanks so much, yes it was a photo of Cara Delevigne but I can’t draw ppl how they look, unfortunately

4 Likes

Thanks so much Pianogal!

3 Likes

I think it’s even more awesome than a more realistic drawing! I like how surreal it feels

4 Likes

Aah, thank you haha :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It is a good drawing.

4 Likes

I like your drawing! You made it your own. I don’t know what your medium was? I like the shading, I don’t usually put any shadows in my sketches, which are usually colored fine tip pen and colored ball point pen. In the hospital I used crayon and it looked a little like paint to me. I actually like crayon a lot. When I filled out my questionnaire about my stay at the mental hospital I mentioned they need new art supplies - they would not even allow us to have regular pencils and pens! But some good person thought up the idea of giving everyone a composition book. That book gave me a lot of self worth!

3 Likes

nice drawing =)
I really like it

3 Likes

That’s good you had something to do at the hospital. I too, brought in actually, a colouring in book, I felt like a kid again, colouring in lol.

I just used pencil for this. I like to create contrast with how hard I press the pencil.

@lekkerhondje, thank you.

3 Likes

Great drawing! You have so much talent.

3 Likes

Thank you Crimby, I don’t really like this drawing so much, it is almost like those japanese animated drawings, which is not what I’m aiming for, but there’s maybe some potential in it. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Great! You have talent.

3 Likes

Thank you Magz :), I try, I try.

2 Likes

I tried to learn drawing at one point, but i found it very difficult. There’s something about drawing 3d/perspective I find very challenging.

2 Likes

Yea, with drawing it’s easy to find something particular difficult about it, I find it difficult to make the drawing look like the actual reference photo… Sucks maen.

2 Likes

Is it the shadows and where light bounces?

1 Like

Yeah I guess. I find it difficult with correct shadows etc.

edit: I used this website when I tried to learn how to draw. https://drawabox.com/ I didn’t complete all the lessons though

2 Likes

Yea, I think maybe it takes practice,

2 Likes