Doug's medical thread

I thought I would start a thread where people can discuss medical issues besides mental illness such as diabetes, hypertension, etc. Feel free to discuss your issues or if you find interesting articles. I’m a nurse btw.

4 Likes

I have diabetes type II. Not sure what to discuss about it, but I have it.

1 Like

I don’t know if this qualifies, but my back and my hip are all messed up from a car accident. Some days are good, some days are brutal. I think I need a massage soon

Sometimes your primary care provider could recommend something like pt

1 Like

Truly an underestimated illness.

1 Like

I just got done with a round of physiotherapy. The problem is, I have to pay everything out of my pocket. So I have to spend wisely

I have nasal rhinitis all year round from dust mite allergy, and it’s worse now as it’s change of season, autumn is here yay! But I’m sneezing like crazy grrrr

1 Like

That really sucks. Hope everything works out.

1 Like

@Hadeda what part of the world do you live in? It’s actually coming up on Spring here

My blood pressure was little elevated last time I went to my primary care provider. Was 140/96. Said school stress could be a contributing factor.

1 Like

A good primary care provider can treat for allergic rhinitis. They could recommend a good nasal spray and other stuff. I can’t ethically diagnose and treat you but going to your primary is a good start.

1 Like

I will be exercising more to reduce my risk of diabetes. I calculated my risk using mdcalc and if I lose weight and exercise I can reduce my risk.

1 Like

I have pcos. Trying to reverse it but I miss sugar.

I want to eat fruit every day.
Strawberry, blueberry, raspberry etc., but not sure it’s helpful for pcos…

Yeah tons of people get hyperglycemia due to pcos. My sister also has pcos.

1 Like

It sucks lol

1515151515characters

Are you on metformin at all? I have seen it used.

1 Like

I try to avoid medications if I can control something via lifestyle…

Thanks though.

Good to know

1 Like

Yep, best of luck.

1 Like

Dermatology can be very confusing. Many different things look similar. Always good to go to your dermatologist if you see something your not sure about.

2 Likes