Dose somone can tel about schizoeffective?

after years of being under: paranoid schizo’ my ps’d gave me a schizo-effective diagnose
like i understand wey i have high function ebilleties with ears of ears of non stoping pshicotic stuff
with a high level of emotions and light manic modes’
cold anyone tel my how his schizo effective sitoation effects you?
all tose diagnoses makin my nuts

It’s basically the same as plain old schizophrenia. Only with the sz symptoms you have symptoms of a mood disorder like bipolar or major depression. So things aren’t really too different for you than before.

3 Likes

kinda similar but you also get manic (excited) and depressed.

2 Likes

oh fine. same same crazy old me
thanks

1 Like

yeaaa’ i hve bin preatty manic today’ my poor freand sofferd i think…and my poor grandma

1 Like

exercise is a good stablizer for a few different reasons, can help keep you from mania and depression in normal amounts (excessive (5 hours a day etc) may worsen it)

2 Likes

you’ve gotta focus on having friends, reach out to the community and get help

(friend), (significant other), (family), (other people)

2 Likes

Sza is just like having both sz and bipolar at the same time.

1 Like

I don’t know, I think that everyone is confused about my diagnosis.
I just had another psych evaluation with my psychiatrist and she refuses to show me it.

She has told me that I suffered with schizoaffective and bipolar symptoms in the past, but when I log onto my health portal with her it states that my dx is bipolar disorder type 1.

I’m frankly fed up and just as confused.

2 Likes

I got sza, the depakote is for the bipolar part.

1 Like

Why are you fed up? Isn’t that great news? That means you must be improving! Whenever I take any online psychiatric tests, they always show that I have minimal to no symptoms of either bipolar or sz.

1 Like

Yeah I guess you are right @SkinnyMe
I shouldn’t complain.
For some reason I have a feeling that she doesn’t want to officially diagnose me with schizoaffective because of the stigma.

But it is understood that I suffer with both bipolar and sz symptoms.

yea ny english needs to be improved i know

I find it difficult to deal with sza with mixed bipolar ptsd and gad with agoraphobia. Anyone else?

1 Like

As a with depression, probably ptsd as well here. It sucks a lot

1 Like

Hate to hear that. I wish you the best.

Thank you! I’m still trying to figure everything out. New dx…

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.