Dopamine receptors by function

I have a hard time keeping track of what dopamine receptor does what so here is a list of dopamine receptors and their function. @Aziz might be interested in this. Might be helpful in conjunction with his Ap charts to determine which ap’s are best for cognitive/negatives. Anyway, I find it interesting and maybe you will too:

" The function of each dopamine receptor[4]:

• D1: memory, attention, impulse control, regulation of renal function, locomotion

• D2: locomotion, attention, sleep, memory, learning

• D3: cognition, impulse control, attention, sleep

• D4: cognition, impulse control, attention, sleep

• D5: decision making, cognition, attention, renin secretion"

10 Likes

This bit of info gives me some insight on why my psychiatrist wants me to try an add on ap. I am scared of the side effects since we already tried some.

1 Like

This is interesting - thanks for posting it. I never knew what all the actions on different receptors were.

I just hope my pdoc knows what he’s doing now my meds are being adjusted all over again

:sob:

1 Like

Whats more complicated is that these receptors affect each other too.

1 Like

Can inner peace increase dopamine?

1 Like

Thanks for the info.

1 Like

I didn’t know APs and Dopamine receptors affected genes and proteins.

41386_2014_Article_BFnpp2013148_Fig1_HTML

1-s2.0-S0092867421000702-fx1

3 Likes

I wish I was a psychiatrist to understand all this stuff.

2 Likes

It says APs block BDNF which sucks as its involved in memory, learning, higher thinking, etc

Brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF)
In the brain it is active in the hippocampus, cortex, and basal forebrain—areas vital to learning, memory, and higher thinking

Although the vast majority of neurons in the mammalian brain are formed prenatally, parts of the adult brain retain the ability to grow new neurons from neural stem cells in a process known as neurogenesis.
Neurotrophins are proteins that help to stimulate and control neurogenesis, BDNF being one of the most active.

3 Likes

Looks extremely complicated @Aziz

1 Like