"don't worry about people liking you...."

be sure they are doing right by you"

Quote from the new denzel washington flick

Got it from a trailer in a youtube ad

3 Likes

What movie?

It;s called Fences

1 Like

After not being liked during most of my school years (or I think now that some people liked me but I wasn’t aware of it or I didn’t let people like me) I really appreciate being liked now by people. It’s still always surprising when people like me but it feels good so I’m not going to knock it.

2 Likes

Do you realize that no one is trying to be not liked?

I think you see my point.

I wish I could be that way. Ever since forever I’ve desperately needed everyone to like me. I always chameleon shift my personality to get along with whoever I’m interacting with. It’s sad. It’s gotten a bit less intense as I’ve gotten older though.

1 Like

I do the same thing–the chameleon shift. I feel like I almost have multiple personalities and don’t know which version is “me” anymore. It’s a challenge to remember I don’t need EVERYONE to like me.

2 Likes

One has to look after themselves, but putting one self first is not always the way to go. Having said that, I am really struggling with why I bother doing anything for anyone. Other than 2 people, not heard from anyone and one even was ignorant, about what I was going to tip them for Christmas

Blah

1 Like

“don’t worry about people liking you…. be sure they are doing right by you."

I like the first part but the second part (after the ellipses) is not as cool as the first, in my opinion. If people did anti-religious acts to specifically attack me, I would not “be sure that they are doing right.” I’d most likely just walk away, ignore them, or go to some authority. :stuck_out_tongue:

In this scenario, I would go to the airplane police officer and tell him that the bully is picking on me. :disappointed_relieved:

but I usually don’t go to an authority, unless the person is severely attacking me. Ignoring is usually good enough, in short-term situations. :slight_smile:

looking pretty fly for a white guy

but I only see him from the back.

I do recall you don’t get off on skinny jeans.

1 Like

I’m not actually the guy in the picture… :stuck_out_tongue:

the picture is just an example. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

and I don’t wear skinny jeans because I know I’m naturally homely/uncool regardless of my clothes.

love ya, babe’s.

it’s all good.

1 Like

At the Christmas party last night I just looked at the placemat said to myself, “Why should I care what these people think of me?”

It became obvious to me that I didn’t really care about the opinions of those people.