Don't waste your time trying to build relationships with ppl who don't recognise your worth

What’s your experience,

And how did the relationship affect you

What impact did it have on you

1 Like

The reason being is because you start to subconsciously believe that you are subworthy.

3 Likes

Yeah, I see what you’re saying.

I had a 3 year relationship, age 17 to age 20. And he treated me like dirt. He was also telling his ex that he still loved her, behind my back. And yet… I didn’t break up with him. Even after I found that out. Cause I felt worthless.

I stayed… until he eventually broke up with me. But I should have left, long before he ended it. I had no self worth, though, which is why I stayed.

At age 21, I started to have my own self confidence. And that led me to meet my husband! He is awesome and treats me well.

5 Likes

I wasn’t into relationships with boys until I finished college. But I made sure I got someone who treated me right. That was important to me for sure.

2 Likes

I th8nk that is great advice.

Honestly when it comes to the topic of relationships, I feel not meant for that. Having climbed out of the feeling of complete worthlessness, I still feel like a defective human being. I mean, sometimes I think that by natural instinct I’m like chick with a gimp leg that the other chicks see as inferior. (I was thinking about hen and chicks since I grew up around them). I guess like one of those puppies born that the mother eats because there is something wrong with it. Except my mother didn’t eat me. Something like that I guess.

1 Like

Yeah people come and go. But real friends are far and few. And even then life gets busy so keep the expectations a bit lower and all will be good.

1 Like

Or do you mean romantic relationship?

1 Like

I’m an uber friendly person but sz and all it entails has forced me to set some limits with people. It’s been for the best but in the past I’d give way too much to people who didn’t deserve it. I still see the best in people and that can be problematic but I’ve learned when to engage and when to pull aways. It’s hard when you’ve had shitty relationships to think there’s good ones out there but there are and you deserve them for sure.

3 Likes

I haven’t had a relationship for about 3 years now.

I’m trying online dating and I get matched with people and have great conversations and then when it comes to meeting up they all say yes but then disappear!

Last month I match with a girl who seems very interested we jump on a video call the next day and everything goes great I asked for her number and she gives me both her number and Instagram handle.

I follow her on Instagram and I’m able to see her stories if I visit her profile but her stories never show up in my feed.

I concluded that either she is not interested or she is playing games which in neither case I would pursue her.

I just realized I really don’t need a relationship unless the relationship grows a pair of legs and comes to me itself which isn’t going to happen either!

1 Like

I guess a better way to say it is the burnt cookie of the bunch.

1 Like

I used to hang out with a lot of toxic people.

They really did make me lose faith in decency of others

Drug addicts are not good company

1 Like

I don’t know why you feel like that. This too shall pass. I hope

1 Like

Any type of relationship

1 Like

I have a hard time emotionally connecting with people. I’m hoping I’m worthy. Hopefully I’ll grow some more as a person.

1 Like

I wonder why you are asexual.

I have gone through that in phases.

1 Like

I trust most people right out of the gate…until they do me wrong, then I ghost them forever.

I also never stayed friends with my ex girlfriends. Once the spark is gone, I’m done.

But I really am a people person…very good one-on-one but quite shy in groups irl.

1 Like

I am so solitary that I’m not likely to get into a relationship. That’s okay. I have three cats.

2 Likes

I don’t know why I’m the way I am. I started hearing voices as a child so that could be why I’m this way?

I don’t know why. I’m not sure for me either.

People are all kinds of different things. Some people are gay, some are lesbians, some are bisexual and others are straight. Asexual is just another thing that some people are. Life is difficult anyway…what your sexual identity is just another aspect of who you are so we might as well accept it.

1 Like