Don't think i am cut out for the mental health sector

i am finding it really hard just now, its like everything is against me. i thought i could help people like me/us and maybe even prevent it from happening to some people, but it is just really hard, thought i knew what i wanted to do but now i don’t,

Eh?! What are you doing in the mental health sector? Volunteering?

1 Like

no, just college but things are not going well, thats why i dont think i’d be cut out for it,

i think i need training instead of college but i cant do that bc i would lose lots on benefits but thats not all thats holding me back, i have problems, things that i was trying to ignore, somethings it is good to ignore but some things you really need to be aware of the dangers like my anxiety and my stress levels bc i have a really low tolerance to stress so i would need to find that sort of work/training environment and without it affecting my benefits some how, i’m just starting to believe that its not possible

1 Like

It is good that you are recognizing some of this stuff, before it does you harm. I had to switch majors when I found out that I couldn’t handle the criticism of being an art student. I don’t know how far along you are, but there is time for you to take another path. I’m in my early 30’s and I’m still working on my Bachelor’s Degree.

I have a problem with benefits too. I’ll have to be full time for Vocational Rehab to pay for school. I don’t know if I can do it. I hope you find the right answer for your life too!

1 Like