Don't reward bad behavior - don't reward failures

You probably found this topic somewhere in the main page feed. Let me help you with the navigation. You are here in “Health and Recovery” section. This topic this is a summary of information tailored to fit my own personal agenda; on my path to recovery.

That said, disagreement might happen. But I’m not here with the intention to look down on anyone’s problems, stress, or mental health issues. I am speaking for myself here.

Back to my thoughts:

People often say that blaming yourself or any other person for your failure is completely wrong. And I agree that blaming others is bad idea. I know that blaming others is a total lack of responsibility, and therefore I should refrain from doing so.

But my failures? My failures - my own personal battle, and I won’t look away from it.

I will not submit to weaknesses.
I will not submit to filthy biases and preconceived notions

I won’t pity myself
I won’t be rewarding or patting myself on the back

I will break this cycle
I will work hard, and I will do what’s necessary to fix my problems.

I’m waging war on my weaknesses. I do not engage in diplomacy. I do not negotiate. I destroy my weaknesses until there is nothing left. But me.

2 Likes

Studies have shown that people respond better to positive reinforcement than no reinforcement or negative reinforcement.
Rewards and pats on the back can help train your brain to go in the right direction.
Be nice to yourself :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Don’t get too radical… such strategy may lead you to a very destructive state, it can exhaust you very quickly. and when you get really exhausted it gets unbearably hard to continue this way. from experience… who knows, you might as well pull it off… take care.

1 Like

People are completely different from one another. Male/Female, environmental factors, genetic makeup, our upbringing, education, perceptions. Psychology is here to help us understand human behavior.

There is really nothing is universal in psychology the systems often overlap with basics. What I’ve learned through this and through the research?

Avoid brainwashing
Don’t be a sheep.
Don’t believe all that you read.

Thanks for your insight.

That’s great and thank you for your concern. I believe that nothing is universal, we all react differently. Becoming a superhuman, how about that. Looking forward to it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.