Don't like where I'm at

Most everyone I knew from school probably has a family or is doing something productive with their life. I rode my bicycle to a gas station to buy energy drinks. I saw a family in the parking lot just sitting in their car. I don’t know if they noticed me or anything, but I felt pretty low. I wish I was like the family in the car. I wouldn’t be able to take care of the kids though. It seems everyone strives to be the family in the car. It’s not for me though. I’ve improved a ton over the past 6 months so I’m happy about that. Not ready for responsibility yet.

7 Likes

You should be happy if you’ve improved a ton! There is nothing wrong with not being ready for responsibility either. I’m sure the family in the car isn’t perfect. It’s not for me either. Don’t beat yourself up over that.

It sounds like you’re doing a great job taking care of yourself and can be glad about it. I’m happy to hear your good news about improving!

4 Likes

Hey man
Yea I know what u mean… So many people live a normal life…
I think one thing I realized during my recovery is that even though I strive to live a normal life I must give in for a while or for a few moments to the UN-normality of this “disease” or what ever it is … In order to feel normal and get back on my feet

Hope that makes sense to u and help u in some way
Cheers!

2 Likes

Thank you @anon39736208 you are very kind. You have a good looking cat in your avatar/profile pic.

1 Like

Unnormality of disease. That’s interesting @YayaC. I guess I should be happy about that I could have so much stress if I was more average. Thanks for your help.

2 Likes

Been there done that. It’s not as great as it seems.

2 Likes

I want to be that person, the family in the car, thats my goal but today i just gave up on looking for a partner, i am fed up with it, if it happens it happens, i’m not wasting anymore energy on it.

1 Like

@tyme how long were you married for if you don’t mind me asking.

@asgoodasitgets I really hope you get that chance to be a family man

1 Like

I think like 4-5 years.

1 Like

I am very proud and happy for you that you have made this far. I personally thought I was going to have family, too, and I thought I would be truly happy. But I know now that true happiness comes from within. I am sure you are a person filled beauty and talents.
You are doing great and you will get through everything you face. Please know that you are loved and appreciated. You have all of us here.

4 Likes

@anon10648258 that was beautiful thanks

@tyme that’s a long time. I guess you would know better than me what it’s like to be a family man.

Being with my kids daily was great. Being with my spouse was horrible.

1 Like

I bet you are a great Dad @Tyme

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.