Don't like people

Isn’t it just as simple as that?

1 Like

For me it’s more about I don’t like humanity itself than the people in general. I don’t like how we operate. But I like the IDEA of people

2 Likes

If you don’t like people, why are you here?

1 Like

No no no don’t say that. Actually, maybe be proud of that? I mean, if you’re going to fail at anything, failing at suicide is a good one.

I just meant on the forum. If you don’t like interacting with people. I’m sorry you’re feeling so bad you’re thinking about suicide, though.

1 Like

No, it’s not that simple Chordy. Humans are social creatures. We like people, we just don’t like what they do.

2 Likes

How do you separate who you are from what you do? You are what you do.

I like some people. Some more than others.

1 Like

Just because you like to keep to yourself doesn’t mean you don’t like people Chordy. It just means you have been hurt terribly and are not easily trusting of others.

If you are happy with the way you are living then I can see no reason for you having to separate the two.

Can someone smarter than me please answer Chordy’s question.

I think the main reason I don’t like people is that I’ve yet to find a restaurant that serves them properly cooked.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

When we’re hiking in the woods and we see a person I say “look its a human!!!” to my friend. And hes like “huh lol”

but that reflects my attitude towards the people of earth

We’re stinkers.

1 Like

Yes we are stinkers, that is true. But we are also so lovely. Please don’t forget that part, never forget how lovely we are.

1 Like

I call don Juan little stinker. he really hates it

2 Likes

girl: “I hate people”

Bloke: “Just push them to the side and eat your peas then” :rofl:

3 Likes

I did exposure therapy to people using the tv. There’s a rapid learning timing protocol currently being researched for exposure therapy that accelerates the rapidity of results of the therapy. I can send you the link to the protocol if you wish?

The tv exposure worked for me anyhow…

I never heard if it. What is tv exposure therapy?

Where you focus your mind on how much you hate people while at the same time powering on and off the tv during a repulsively melodramatic tv program, e.g. Eastenders.

The timing protocol is as follows:

1. Power on the tv and watch the program for 30 seconds.
  2. Power off the tv for 12 minutes.
  3. Power on the tv and watch the program for 20 seconds.
  4. Power off the tv for 90 seconds.
  5. Power on the tv and watch the program for 20 seconds.
  6. Power off the tv for 90 seconds.
    Immediately repeat steps 5 and 6 thirty times.

Do this every day for a week and the hatred of people will be greatly diminished.

Here’s a brief video of Prof Joseph LeDoux explaining the protocol research.

I’m very sensitive to the company of people. I find their emotions infectious so it’s a double edged sword. If I’m with someone happy I feel happy. That’s good & a mood booster. But if someone’s sad, angry, negative then I feel that too. That’s a bummer & triggers my psychotic symptoms. So I like the company of positive people & just have to tolerate negativity when it comes along too.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.