Don't know what's wrong...fighting staying in bed all day

for the last couple days I have left all the errands and things for Angie because I couldn’t get out of bed…deep down I think the whole time I was romancing cigarettes and weed…when I don’t have weed I lay down all the time…I think it’s time to rewire my brain and stop smoking pot. I get too upset without it. Angie is disappointed in me and having a hard time with me right now…I have got to change !! I got out of bed about two o’clock pm today and ever since I have figured all of this out. I promised Angie I wouldn’t lay down for the rest of the day and I will get up in the morning as usual.

Another thing…the cigarettes playing games with me…I guess I haven’t completely stopped wanting to smoke them yet because of all this…gonna have to do better now.

3 Likes

There’s always time for change. I need to change too, I need to stop feeling sorry for myself.

3 Likes

Weed sounds so good

1 Like

A major part of it is rewiring your brain. Your reward system gets exhausted from weed and cigarettes. They spike your dopamine and then your body wants more dopamine. Once you understand that, then you can look at the cravings, or the bad mood you feel, and say OK, it’s just my body craving some dopamine and not getting it from weed and cigs.

Find something else to make you feel good, for long term. Once you get over the first couple of months without smoking weed and cigs you will feel so much better, and your brain will begin to rewire itself normally. You can then find pleasure in things again where maybe you did not previously.

I remember needing weed for everything at one point in my life. I couldn’t be happy or have fun without it. Now, even though yes I am on meds, I am able to enjoy delayed gratification activities such as school, cleaning, etc. and actually feel good from it, where as before I needed the instant gratification of weed and chewing tobacco.

One day at a time. One battle at a time. Good luck to you.

5 Likes

I did spend the entire day in bed today. Hope you’re feeling better soon!

2 Likes

thanks @thomas thank you for explaining that to me so I can understand it…dopamine right…I will remember that.

3 Likes

I had a day of all sleeping a week ago when I had a cold. I felt bad about that too. Sleeping all day feels like I was giving up on life.
Even now that my cold has gotten better, I have a tendency to waste hours with unneeded napping.
Today I was busy all day long.

1 Like

well update…I have stayed out of bed all the rest of the day since 3 pm and I aim to set my alarm so I spend tomorrow all day out of bed…baby steps…

2 Likes

I just fell asleep at 10 am after being up all night, woke up like 30 minutes ago now (it’s 9:41 pm) I’m screwed into a nocturnal pattern. I have to stay up til tomorrow night and pass out then to reset my schedule.

I feel ya. I would prefer to remain a blanket burrito but I’m up for awhile at least.

Thank you, @thomas I’d never heard about working and delayed gratification but that explains it so well. Chores are gratifying = just not right away.

2 Likes

Yeah, when I was in my crack addiction, weed sounded so good until I put a lit joint in my mouth and inhaled and than all hell broke loose in my head and my anxiety and paranoia level went off the charts. But I kept smoking it time after time. That was my idea of fun I guess but now I thank god I don’t have to do that anymore.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.