Don't know if I can handle it

I going to try and take a college course at the University, but I don’t know if my mind is intact enough after years of antipsychotics and alcohol abuse.

First things first. I got an old Writing textbook today, and I need to review writing a paper. I’d like to get into the math, but I going to have to write for the course I’m taking this Fall. A long time ago when I took the ACT, I scored a 28 in Natural Sciences, 26 in Math, 22 in Social Studies, and 18 in English.

Any thoughts? The University I’m going to waives tuition and fees for seniors. It’s just a matter of paying for books and supplies. I just turned 62.

3 Likes

I think you can do it @anon54988740 !

Thanks @Bowens. I’m going to try, even though I may fail. At least I’ll know one way or another.

2 Likes

I’m rooting for you @anon54988740 . It’s great that you don’t have to pay for tuition or fees!

3 Likes

Thanks @SkinnyMe . I appreciate that.

i’m wishing you the best with the studies!
I hope it will go well =)

2 Likes

Thanks @lekkerhondje

1 Like

I think u should give it a shot blue

2 Likes

Thanks steffifan. I’m going to try.

1 Like

Ya way to go buddy

1 Like

I too am jobless and want to get into the workforce

Just sitting idle is no good

1 Like

Sorry to hear that. I only have five years to go before I can draw Retirement pay. I’ve been participating in Assertive Community Treatment where you go to daycare with activities. Hopefully you can find something to do @steffifan . Lots of luck.

1 Like

I had older people in my engineering classes sometimes. They were always the best students because they took it seriously unlike me and knew what it was like in the workforce

I think your years of life experience will serve you well in college! Never too late I think

2 Likes

Thx blue

Yes I want to learn something which will give me value to get a job

2 Likes

Thanks @zwolfgang. It’s something I would like to finish before I die. I went to college a year when I was young, dropped out, and went to work when I was 19.

2 Likes

So wolf did you complete ur engineering
and which stream

1 Like

I almost dropped out myself when I was prodromal towards the end. Then two or three more times in my masters when I was dealing with full on psychosis. No shame in it even if you dont have MI

Great that youre returning tho, shows resilience. Im sure youll do great :slight_smile:

@steffifan yeah I did, I got a mechanical engineering bachelors and Im working on a nuclear engineering masters right now. Its tough but I enjoy it

2 Likes

Wow wolf so u r an engineer, same here

and u r doing ur masters that’s great

How much did you score in ur bachelors n what university

1 Like

So blue what kind of jobs did u do
and how long did you work

1 Like

Nice man! What major did you take? I did ok at first but scored terrible because I was very sick by the end, got a 2.6 out of 4.0 at the University of Alabama and somehow still made it into a masters lol

Im doing better in my masters but still not very good

1 Like