Don't know how to say this - supernatural powers

But I think supernatural powers want me to go to Texas. The guy at a church I contacted in Texas knew about one I go to here in Arkansas. What are the odds I would pick the one church in all of Texas were the guy running it used to run the one I go to here. I checked the demographics of San Antonio and the majority in that city are Catholic which my friend is that wants to go to Texas. That’s kinda of a coincidence too that I would pick a predominantly Catholic city. I was only looking at maybe five or six cities in Texas to go to though.

I just wish I would have this kind of luck with my money. When I was at the bank there was a Hispanic guy there, and he and the teller were speaking Spanish. I like that bank more now that I know the teller is bilingual.

1 Like

How did you find this guy to contact?

1 Like

Through a Google search for places that welcome LGBTQ people. My friend and I are both gay. He’s Catholic but I’m Protestant though. My search mostly gave me cities larger than the one I live in now.

Edit - Thinking about it, I guess Google knows about me, so maybe that’s what did it.

I guess I won’t get in trouble saying Google says San Antonio is 30.8% Catholic and 21.9% Protestant.

1 Like

Is this the same “friend” that asks you for money and you’ve never met before?

1 Like

No, this is a person who lives here, in the Little Rock area

2 Likes

There are usually pretty welcoming lgbtq+ communities in most of the major Texas cities Houston, Austin, Dallas and probably San Antonio too.

1 Like

Yes, I know. Those are the main places I looked at. There was El Paso, Galveston, Corpus Christi are some others.

1 Like

You’ll fit in- just find a nice place to stay.

I worry your stretching yourself far too much. You’ve no money and moving isn’t cheap.

Mate. It’s nice to have dreams but you have to look after yourself first and formost. I’m not sure your so called friends are on the same page as you by what you describe here.

Be kind to yourself first.

3 Likes

Thanks @rogueone. I’m looking out after myself. I only have a bed, recliner, a couple of tables and chairs, microwave and small TV. The recliner is broken and the bed isn’t in good shape. We are talking about moving ourselves, renting a U-Haul truck. I’ve done this before. The Arkansas State Police said I could have my driver’s license back and relayed this to DMV, so I got my license back now so I can help drive the truck.

Yeah no worries but there’s Rent, Bond, Utilities. Moving anywhere in the western world isn’t cheap even if your fit enough to do it yourself. It’s your life. I won’t badger you any more but just saying. I think it could be a bridge too far.

1 Like

I’m feeling pretty good right now even though I donated blood today. I was tired earlier, but am not dizzy or weak, so I guess everything is okay.

1 Like

The things I like about San Antonio. Rent is similar to here, but houses are a tad more expensive. It’s inland, away from the coast and hurricanes. Food and transportation are a little lower than here, Auto insurance is about the same. There are really bad drivers along with higher insurance here. It’s also a warm climate as I don’t like the cold.

The number one reason I want to go there is there’s psychiatric care than here. Mental health care here is really bad and there is a shortage of psychiatrists.

When I checked for psychiatric care they are able to see me in a week or two in San Antonio.

The only negative I see in Texas is state law doesn’t recognize same sex marriages from other states and same sex marriages aren’t legal there, if the Supreme Court should reverse itself on LGBTQ marriage. LGBTQ marriage was allowed in Arkansas State court rulings so it’s legal under state law here

It’s a sad state of affairs when a group of people restrict another person’s natural rights to love the person they want to love. I live in Texas and there are so many things about this state that get under my skin and being cruel to the lgbtq+ community is one of them. Love is love :heart:

1 Like

Thanks Sweatpantslounger. I don’t know if marriage is really ever going to be a concern of mine. I’m glad to hear you live in Texas. That makes two now. It’s kinda sad things are a little cheaper in a city with a million and a half population, while where I live now is a smaller place.

1 Like

You could open a savings account and save monthly 10% of your income on it to pay for the move.

At my bank you can freely name your bank account and I have one named ‘future dreams’. So, that reminds me of what I’m saving for.

Good luck! Whatever you decide to do, but you seem to go back and forth on this plan. I would give it some time.

2 Likes

There are places in Texas where you can live fairly comfortably in a metropolitan region. Just check out the area and its safety, and most places in the larger cities in Texas are usually accommodating for getting to a grocery store and things like that. Best wishes to you:)

1 Like

Yes I know. I have already started a “Holiday” savings account and have some money in it already. aka Christmas Club account. They call it “holiday” because of Hanukkah and maybe some Muslim holiday as well.

1 Like

My friend and I are talking about sharing one car, so it probably won’t be an issue getting around. They do have public transportation in San Antonio if all else fails. I found a nice apartment complex there all ready with three to twelve month leases. Very flexible. Price wise it’s what we would pay here.

1 Like

Sounds good because a well thought out plan is a recipe for success. San Antonio is a great place. I’ve only been there a few times but it’s got some great stuff going on there.

1 Like