Don't know how to live

I don’t know how to run errands, how to pay bills, how to work, how to pay for my debts, how to be a normal citizen. I don’t know the basic stuff all others know.

5 Likes

I struggle doing those things. But they must be done. No matter how hard it is. Set yourself a little to do each day. One or two things.

5 Likes

That’s why they call it learning. Because everybody isn’t born with those skills, you need someone to teach you.

Some ppl like me can’t be taught such simple things. I can’t do anything other than gaming.

Many people have potential. Sometimes you don’t see it in yourself but someone else can see it in you and can even bring it out in you.

I’m in the same boat !

i just make the best out of every situation.

Well, I can’t play video games or X-box or any of those games worth a damn. Too complicated, too much going on. So you’re one up on me. Anything more complicated than Pong or Tank and I’m totally lost.

1 Like

Don’t expect too much of yourself too quickly. Set realistic goals–if you are unrealistic in your expectations, you will likely end up just overwhelming yourself. These things are things every person has to learn at some point in time. Maybe create a plan for the goals you wish to accomplish: I.e., working on your time management; speaking to someone who can help you consolidate/manage your debt; create a budget, etc. If you truly feel as though it’s too much responsibility, consider finding a payee to help you better manage your money and help you pay your bills. A caseworker could likely help you find a payee. As for learning how to be a normal citizen, just take it one day at a time and observe others’ behavior. The more you interact with people and society, the easier it will get.

2 Likes

step by step om it seems hard and complicated but its not.:slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just went 3 years between reading a book because I thought I had lost the ability to concentrate for that long, which I kind of had, but now I am over 500 pages into a book I just started Sunday night.

Some times you just have to throw yourself into the deep end and you will find you can doggy paddle if not being able to swim normally with the others the majority of the time. Some times you struggle but you have to put yourself out there as much as you can.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.