Don't feel like I can fight for a future that does suck

Recovery seems like a joke

I have worked until recently all through this illness

Ups and downs, but this time I feel like I have fallen too far down to recover again

Covid-19 has shot up mental health services, and they can’t help me

I do not see a future other than relying on the state to support me - which I am grateful for

But… My criticism is what do I do? I have wasted the last year doing nothing, and it seems like a ticket to more of the same and that’s not what I want either

2 Likes

I quit work in 2020 and couldn’t work since then. I am worse now regarding function lvl. Idk if I will be able to work again. I blame the meds.

Did you try ADs? I am going to ask my Dr for one.

I tried ADs but they didn’t help me

1 Like

Covid 19 sucks big time!

I want to go into animal care career as a next step when I feel more confident but ffs, this covid makes most jobs so unstable.

But I don’t wanna be a cleaner for life unless I have to.

I hope you find a decision that you can feel comfortable with…

Being a worker requires that you are healthy to work.

So yea, just be deeply honest with yourself.

Perhaps a part time job and part time benefits?

It depends what you feel works with you and your health

1 Like

Which ad will you try?

1 Like

Idk yet but I have tried Wellbutrin in the past. I will let the Dr decide.

1 Like

You’re catastrophizing again.

Pro-tip: Fight for a future that doesn’t suck.

1 Like

Sometimes i do feel as if life is an endless struggle against boredom and irritation. But then i sleep and dream of doing sports and stuff i like and it gets me energized for the next day

3 Likes

I honestly have accepted that life is going to be a struggle. I can sympathize with you about doing nothing. I dont do much of anything. Days blend together. I had to look at the calender today to figure out what day it was. But i remain hopeful that one day they will come out with a better medicine. I have depression, anxiety, and schizophrenia. Its a lethal combo

2 Likes

I am questioning whether I have the effort left to do this

Career wise things have gone well in the past, but I am sick of falling back and having to start again each time from scratch

I had to take a step back and with my peer support realize that I may only work part time. And that’s in the future. Some days are really rough but there are brighter days. I wish services were better where you’re at. Cause my services get me to go do things. I’m big on routine. Like today there is nothing to go do. So I’m kinda just stuck. But I have something scheduled tomorrow to look forward to. You just gotta find that one thing that is worth fighting for. Be it family, your dog, the sunset, whatever it may be.

4 Likes

Things change brother… Have hope because good things do come…in the tough times it’s hard to remember the good times that come

2 Likes

IDK, I basically say the same thing over and over. My life is not great and I’ve thought my life is over a million times over the years. But guess who took his car in to be fixed and had breakfast out and had a nice drive this morning? Life doesn’t end and things can get better.

2 Likes

I was suicidal from age 16 to 37. My life finally got better so things can improve.

1 Like

Your life is never a waste. You just don’t feel like you’ve accomplished anything big, when you’ve had so many small victories in your life recently. Count those. And life is always an ebb and flow. Just because you are in an ebb, doesn’t make your life as a whole meaningless. Try to think positive, and lift yourself up. You have worth.

3 Likes

Maybe you can go studying again? You were a good student and seemed to like it. That’s my current plan.

1 Like

This does not make any sense.

1 Like

What you posted made no sense because you’re still delusional and seeing connections where they don’t exist in the real world. It was not useful.

1 Like

Ok, you are not believing. That is the same situation when i posted about looking lpg gas flame for 2 minutes daily benifits me in schizophrenia. Some members of forum and moderator became against me. Then some another member of this forum posted that it helped himself also. Then moderator understand me. Anyway thanks.