Dollar Tree food haul!

I went to the dollar tree today and they had just restocked everything so I managed to snag some of their harder to get items!

I got 11 packages of fish to put in my freezer(they’re single serving sizes) frozen fruit, frozen veggies, french fries, meatballs, some broccoli cheddar rice, a cake mix and frosting, olive oil, and barbecue sauce. I spent $31.25 because my city doesn’t have food tax!

I also stopped by Walmart and managed to get a 10lb bag of fresh chicken leg quarters for only $7 on sale! So I divided them up in freezer bags and froze them. I should be good on food for a while now that my freezer is back to stocked up. Eating on a budget is so hard these days but I’m so happy I was able to find the fish at the Dollar Tree! It’s literally ALWAYS sold out.

7 Likes

Sounds like you did some smart shopping.

It’s common for food banks around here to give out 10 lb bags of leg quarters.

I find leg quarters boring with just salt and pepper so I download recipes such as this:

4 Likes

What a sweet score!

I went grocery shopping earlier today at Walmart. I got a bunch of goodies, including a couple cans of Dinty Moore beef stew. :yum:

3 Likes

Good score. It’s just dad and myself these days and everything is going up in good sized chunks. Pays to be frugal as it’s not a local thing it would seem. Lots of pressure on the hip pocket.

3 Likes

I like to make mine in my air fryer with a special seasoning mix I make with paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and fresh ground pepper! That looks tasty though!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.