Doing dishes by hand - A POLL

I’m curious, does doing dishes by hand cause you physical pain? Like in your lower back, or knees, or neck, etc.?

• yes
  • no

0 voters

2 Likes

No, it doesn’t.

I do have to say that weeping willows are maybe my favorite tree.

2 Likes

Sometimes my lower back starts to hurt but only if i bend a little bit. I think i have a slipped disc from my landscaping days.

2 Likes

I spent my childhood in my front yard under a giant, beautiful, old weeping willow. It was like a part of the family. I was maybe 13 when it had to be cut down and I cried.

3 Likes

Oh, sorry about your back, yes mine hurts too, bulging discs.

1 Like

Ouch! I weed whacked 9 miles a day for a landscaping company. By the end of the summer my back was cramping up every time i weed whacked. It hurt so bad. Bulging disc sounds awful.

2 Likes

My abdomen gets all sore and like my chest and core as well as my lower to mid back, but this is usually when I am in my clubhouse and leaning over & washing up to 60 plates, cutlery and other kitchen cooking equipment.

2 Likes

I love doing dishes by hand.
It keeps my hands busy whily my brain can zone out, yet focus on a task.

I do hate how my belly always gets wet though

2 Likes

Im tall. If I have lots of dishes it hurts my neck eventually. Most sinks are way too low for me.

1 Like

It only causes me pain in the sense that I’m wasting time that could be used doing interesting things instead.

1 Like

I actually really enjoy washing the dishes at my clubhouse despite getting a bit sore, tense & anxious sometimes but not in my own flat for myself. I don’t think its a waste of time bc we all need to keep the kitchen clean and hygenic for everyone

2 Likes

yes, this is true. I always fall behind on my dishes though.

1 Like

You need to keep good posture. Posture is important with any manual labour activity

:muscle:

2 Likes

Lol your welcome to come wash mine anytime ill have a full sink for ya everyday :innocent::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart_eyes:

1 Like

My posture is ■■■■

its more when i am in the cafe at my clubhouse and i am helping our community by doing it, i get more satisfaction & sense of achievement from that,

2 Likes

Work on dat posture boiiii then da ladies gon come runnin :heart_eyes::drooling_face:

1 Like

Personally I find that my dishes are cleaner when I do them by hand than if I put them in the dishwasher. So I use my dishwasher as a sanitizer now instead.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.