Dogs and question

I’m thinking about if I should get a dog in the future. Golden retriever maybe:
http://jbasmboardkuwait.com/where-are-golden-retrievers-from/golden-retriever-dogs-puppies-8-with-where-are-retrievers-from/
What are the advantages and disadvantages?
Is it necessary to take this kind of dog for a walk every day.
I just want one to substitute for not having a baby but not sure yet if its worth the responsibility.

2 Likes

And what if he poos everywhere on the sofa and stuff

1 Like

We have a puppy for the first time in my family
He is everything a baby cant be to us *ie perfect substitute
Im moving away, and as soon as we move im getting one A Pappilion
Hes a toy breed continental toy spaniel and the best is taking him in shops in a bag
If you check the breed you want try to find one with ultimately same energy levels as you
If you already jog you are probably more of a dog person than you think
Everything like dog smell i used to worry about is meaningless ! He just needs a short shower in the bath which us so fun its ridiculous
The funniest is the discovery of a pjppy nappy
Laugh but it works and he almost likes wearing it

This breed is happy with a small walk or 2 to poo on days on end but still capable of a 5 mile romp whenever you are

The pee indoors is constant without a nappy
Ask A scent markung creature to not pee somewhere is impossible
The nappy seems to be training him
Overall he has had a traumatic puppy life
He has seen his main mummy (my mum) become profoundly disabled for 6 months after being run over by a car
She hobbles around now 6 montgs later
He also has an alcoholic in the house who shouts frequently
So in love with all of us still
Training is key and its constant
Every time you think to relax for a week or 2 he reverts and remknfs you hes still a puppy
But he will poo on the flood still indoors every few days or more frequently if you dont listen to his barks or pleading looks to take him out
It is also ideal if you can have so.eone do the occasional walk for you
Its a real relief
It is for life and it probably will get boring but so does everything
The responsibility is on you but its surprising
How much fun
Also without a nappy he would need to go out every half hour and still pees in tge house 10x a day

1 Like

If you are unsure of the level of commitment you can have with a dog, get a Guinnea pig, cat, rat, plant, etc. Dogs require lots of work, but it pays off in the end. The breed of dog your looking for will want exercise. Also, vet bills can be costly, are you prepared for that, as well. Too many people get puppies and dump them. So, please be ready for the responsibility before you get one. I’m a huge hater of people who neglect their pets! Mine are my children, and I can’t imagine life without them :hugs:. Mine are rescues

2 Likes

Cats will also love you if you give them time an respect, but they require way less attention and caretaking.
As long as their litter box is clean, their water bowl fresh and there’s food in their food bowl, they’re good to go.
Some cats love snuggling up next to you and stuff.

Dogs tend to get frustrated if they don’t get the level of exercise they require each day. And they need a lot of training.

2 Likes

Yeahhh.
I think I may get a cat instead. If anything.
:smile:

2 Likes

I had a cat once and he was extremely affectionate. He liked to be in my lap all the time and always wanted to be petted and cuddle.

2 Likes

You would have to walk a dog like that twice a day and they say here you cannot leave for more than 4 hours.

It’s worth it though. If I was around more I would definitely get one

1 Like

u cannot leave the dog in the house for more than four hours?

I think a guinea pig is a good idea. You have to clean their cage like once a week

1 Like

nope it’s not fair on them. I had a family dog and we tried never to do that. My parents current dog used to protest being locked in the kitchen alone by opening cupboards and throwing stuff around. They had to put child locks on everything!

1 Like

You would have to walk it every day preferable twice. It likely would pee and poo on your sofa as a puppy lol one of the first things my puppy did when she got through the front door was pee all over my couch.

There are so many good things about having a dog. They are very loyal and loving. They keep you company they give you affection ease anxiety and depression. Keep you on your toes entertained and occupied and busy.

Having said that it wouldn’t be able to be left more than 4 hours in my opinion and then your comitting to bills and walks and having this little life attached to you.

1 Like

Dogs love you and are always excited to see you. They’re great therapy. A golden retriever needs a walk ever day. But do you have a treadmill? If so, you can put your dog on that when you’re not up to walking.

1 Like

OK that makes this decision easier for me lol thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.