Does zolpidem or alprazolam make you do things you normal wouldn't after taking and forget when you wake up?

i had a bad interaction with trazodone because im on geodon so i can’t take it anymore. zolpidem and alprazolam are two things i am going to ask my pdoc about next appointment so i can use one for sleep but i read that zolpidem will make you do things like have another meal before sleep and not remember i dont think alprazolam does that but i read it makes u forget also, i really need to get some sleep and these are just two that i know don’t have a dangerous interaction with geodon and also how do they work long term or when u quit them will you not be able to sleep again

1 Like

Have you tried L-theanine for sleep? It works good for me.

Also, if you have sleep apnea, and take Xanax (muscle relaxant) it’s dangerous.

1 Like

i’ve never tried l-theanine does it help you fall asleep and stay asleep? i have tried other supplements like melatonin and passionflower and they never did anything for me, i don’t have sleep apnea but i am thinking of going towards ambien more than xanax because it is made for sleep i think i will probably need ambien cr because the one night i took trazodone i still had trouble staying asleep

1 Like

L-theanine causes the brain to emit longer brainwaves (alpha–we’re in beta right now), so you go into a deeper sleep and wake up rested with no ‘hangover’ feeling.

Ambien will work too.

1 Like

hm, i think im gonna order some l-theanine and try it out my appointment isn’t until next month so ill see how it works before i get something from my psychiatrist what is the dosage for sleep and how long does it take to work