Does your town or city have much to offer you?

I was just being silly. the outside world shouldn’t necessarily be looking at us this moment. Maybe in 5 or 6 months, give or take.

3 Likes

That makes sense. 1514151

1 Like

I live in a relatively large city in Nebraska. We have everything here that any other big city would have.

Pre covid, we had restaurants, hotels, opera, dance, ballet, symphony, drama, pop and rock concerts, museum’s, art galleries, movie theaters, parks, golf, ball games, bars and clubs, skating rinks, libraries and bookstores, hair salons, health and beauty spa’s, etc…etc…

2 Likes

this county doesn’t have much, but enough. i get to stay pretty local for what i do. its rural, that is why i’m here. i sound old today, but doing ok.

1 Like

Wow! My town doesn’t look like that.

1 Like

LS! I live in Amsterdam Oud West the Netherlands. This is the most popular part of town. Nearby is a large park, the Vondelpark, many, many places where you can eat and drink, a large organic supermarket, where I go every day, many grocery stores, a cheap food market, good public transport. I pay 375 euro rent a month for a fifty square meters appartment. Yesterday I bought myself some flowers pink chrysanthemums and a bird feeder with birdfeed, so now I have got something to look at.

2 Likes

A picture of my hometown.

3 Likes

I mean it’s a typical suburban town. It has everything I need. Generally if you want to do something exciting, you have to leave.

1 Like

I live in the burbs.
Lots of doctors, stores, restaurants, banks, great hospital and plenty of parks.

1 Like

I live in a city with a town feel.

We’ve got nice restaurants, parks, bike trails, and farmers markets.

The nearest beach is about 15 minutes away, and there’s some decent hiking spots just a short drive out.

About 30 minutes from a famous harbor, 1 hour from a major city, and about 3.5 hours from NYC, so it’s perfect for day or weekend trips.

We’ve also got pretty good healthcare, and a decent mental health hospital in case of emergencies.

3 Likes

It’s a small town of 2200 people. I can walk to the store. Walk to the movie theater. Walk to the park if I am feeling it. I live in walking distance to a rails to trails path. It’s a five minute drive to a nice state park where I can walk around a lake and go birding. I can even walk to my therapist. Have to drive 45 minutes to see a pdoc though. We have fishing too.

The restaurants are not exciting but we do have a 40¢ bottomless cup of coffee. No real music venues. Golf course nearby if you like that sort of thing.

It’s basically a tourist town. Business is going to suffer this year. One part of town is thriving while the other part is dying. There is a whole strip of shops for rent.

All in all its safe and quiet place.

1 Like

Yes and no. I prefer small towns and am willing to sacrifice some services to make do with less crowding in my life. I’m able to do everything on foot in the spring, summer, and fall, which is how I like it. I would trundle back and forth to the store with my hand cart pre-virus. Now I have stuff delivered to my home for free. We have enough good restaurants that deliver. The library is bilingual and offers a selection in French, which I avail myself of. We have a bowling alley and cinema, so my needs are met.

There was a shortage of family doctors, I finally got one this month. Had been trying since last September, which was a huuuuuge issue. That’s part of what caused the delay in resolving these toothaches I’ve had since December of 2019. Dentists wouldn’t touch me without a doctor’s note and, no doctor. Friggin’ arseholes. Whatever, finally getting that issue put to bed.

The town itself is in the middle of Alberta, but is considered “northern” by most. Lots of trees and rivers and lakes. I like it. Pleasant to walk around with many parks nearby. Tonnes of agriculture in the surrounding area.

2 Likes

I live in a big town in California and the services suck. Can’t really speak about other places, but California is overrun and not that great. It ain’t that golden anymore. We’re not that great when it comes to mental health.

1 Like

It seems like you don’t know a lot about America and yet are judgemental about it. In California, you literally get free health insurance. Has nothing to do with being rich or anything. We have public insurance for the poor. It’s not that great, but it works most of the time.

I have private insurance through my dad, which isn’t that common here. I get the luxury of getting the best meds, and other things.

America isn’t that bad as you guys seem to think we are.

2 Likes

Your life shouldn’t be more important based on whether you are rich or poor. Look I am not going to get into it. I will probably just end up offending someone.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.