Does your libido return when you stop psychotropic medication?

I am stopping my medication with the approval of my psychiatrist and I am wondering if sexual desire returns or am i irreversibly damaged?

mine returned when I quit pills. Like I was getting turned on in normal everyday encounters. when I was put on the shot, it went away and then came back once my body got used to the medicine.

I’m not a great example though because I’m starting to get older in my 30’s where naturally testosterone and male hormones decrease some. I know that the meds lower my libido, but I’m not sure how much is meds vs age

Yeah, mine returned when I was off meds, although I wouldn’t recommend being off them unless you’re approved to be by your doctor. I’m back on them again, and I can attest to the fact that my sex drive is dead again.

1 Like

Most anti-depressants are out of your system in two weeks, however there is a hormonal and psychological component to the return of libido as well which may take more time.

But, of course it all depends on your liver health, your weight, and how much of the product you used that caused the problem. Hang in there.

1 Like

It should return.
It did for me in the past.

1 Like

Mine became unusual ON meds from all the chemical tampering. Been off meds now for one week, its still unusually high. Was dispassionate about sex before sz.

Returns here 151515

You are not old enough to be experiencing age related decreased libido.

I had a strong sex drive before age 31 and that was when I was placed on psychotropic drugs. My sex drive has been dead ever since. The brief period that I was off psychotropic drugs, when I was age 34, my sex drive came back.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.