Does your family do a lot for you?

Does your family meet your practical needs? What do they do?

1 Like

My husband works and meets all our financial needs,

But everything domestic is up to me,

Including taking care of his sick mother.

5 Likes

My parents did a lot for me.
Now I’m taking care of them.

But man its burning me out!

7 Likes

My parents were pathetic. My dad passed away, now I support my mum financially.

3 Likes

My brother is my legal guardian. He comes down occasionally and takes me out to eat a lot. It’s great. We go driving through the countryside and gawk at anything curious. One time is this little settled place we came across what looked like an abandoned town. It was this row of buildings that looked abandoned. There was only one house that looked occupied. We didn’t spend much time exploring because I was worried we were lost. When he came down again we went driving through the same area looking for the abandoned town, but we couldn’t find it.

5 Likes

My stepdaughter does quite a lot for me .Indeed more than my birth family has ever done. We live in the same town and my birth family don’t , but even so my brother and never gave much support .

1 Like

Nah. My family loves me and are solid folks but,
My dads at work allll the time.
My mum has brain damage so she’s not all there. They don’t notice when I’m not doing good. Not their fault though. I still love them lots.

1 Like

they take me grocery shopping. provide me a low rent place to live. take me on vacations. and invite me over for dinner sometimes, as well as provide my morning coffee. I can’t complain.

4 Likes

My husband provides financial support to me. He also visited me everyday when I was in hospital. But except that all the house chores and my health issues including my mental welbeing are my responsibility. I am a bit proud of myself for having taken good care of myself and the house so that my husband was able to concentrate on his work.

3 Likes

My family does jack squat for me. I don’t need them. I do get Christmas presents every year. Even though I tell them that I don’t want them.

1 Like

yes they do alot for me i am grateful but someday i will have to be able to do more without them, still have never had a job need to find a way to support myself

1 Like

My parents let me live in their house and my mom has been driving me to day treatment and does the cooking. Still, I’d like to work and manage more on my own and make them proud of me again.

2 Likes

mum helps loads. sister also helps.

i help them out too, but I think the balance is more helping me

cleaning sometimes. finance sometimes less and less as time goes on
company frequently

1 Like

Mum does my washing
She put cleaner in my flat once a week
She buys food for me although I buy most of my food

2 Likes

My sister and I have lunch at my place once a week and sometimes we go to a movie or a bookstore. My mom sends me stuff from Amazon like ginger candy and aspirin powders, she texts alot to check on me.

2 Likes

They don’t need to. I’m pretty self-sufficient. My parents both passed away but I have dinner with my two sisters once a week.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.