Schizophrenia.com

Does the side effects of antipsychotics eventually wear off?

My side effects never got better but they did stabilize. My weight gain stabilized at about 240lbs. All my other side effects did stabilize, but they stabilized at a bad level. I had really high blood sugar, cholesterol, triglycerides, liver enzymes, weight gain, diabetes, at risk of having a heart attack. I was in bad shape physically. Nothing got better until I started tapering down the dosage of my old med (Olanzapine) then switched to a new med (Lurasidone). Now I am at my BMI weight and my blood tests are perfect.

1 Like

I guess it depends on the person for me olanzapine caused some weight gain initially. Eventually my appetite went back to normal and I weigh 150 lbs.

Mine subsided somewhat. When I was on the Haldol shot they were gradually lowering the dose, but then I discovered I could amp myself up pretty good by drinking lots of coffee, taking ephedrine, and doing moderate exercise. Naturally I screwed up again, and I almost got put on a heavy dose of Haldol again, but then they decided to put me on Zyprexa. That was better.

I think it does wear off was on flupenthixol n the olanzapine 15mg until Dec 2020 x

with me after going from risperdal consta to latuda pills, I’ve lost 12-15 kg and I can get up early in the morning and go to work. But I still have pssd and anhedonia and I doubt that the effect of risperdal will wear off.

@ninjastar @rogueone

:woman_zombie: :zombie: :woman_zombie: