Does the perfect potato actually exist or is that just an urban legend?

CHEF PIXEL’S THRICE COOKED FRIES

Step one: Cut Russet potatoes into thick wedge style fries.

Step two: Boil in water until they are partially cooked.

Step three: Drain and cool.

Step four: Fry in peanut oil at 300F until they are a light golden colour.

Step five: Turn out onto paper towel to absorb grease.

Step six: Fry again at 350F until a medium to darker crispy brown on the outside.

Step seven: Turn out onto paper towel again to absorb grease.

Step eight: Season to taste and serve with your preferred condiment.

(These go nicely with my beer-battered deep fried haddock.)

That’s just a theory. It’s hard to prove, but I will accept that answer, lol.

But you can make tea out of it though.

Wasn’t that from an episode of Gilligan’s Island?

Forgive me, Father. I will make amends.

5 Likes

If it was I didn’t know about it. I never watched that show. I got it from tv, though. They were quoting some guy who said that, probably Yogi Berra, Vince Lombardi, or someone like that. Could be someone on Gilligan’s Island got it from the same source.

1 Like

Looks delicious, but decadent as I am, I would probably want some sour cream with it.

2 Likes

That doesn’t even seem like the perfect potato to me. It was just because it said so in the caption. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh. You know, if I wanted to make potatoes the staple of my diet I could cut my grocery bill way down. I like variety too much, though.

1 Like

Variety is the spice of life.

1 Like

Too many carbs for me. I eat potatoes once a week, I love potatoes, any form!

I remember reading what this nutritionist wrote a while back, and he said we should try to get 70-80% of our calories from starch. That sure has changed now. Everybody is doing the Atkins Diet.

1 Like

“Do not try to bend the potato. That would be impossible. Instead know the actual truth: there is no potato” Keane reeves - the matrix

6 Likes

You meen NEO :angry:

1 Like

PotNEOto

15 characters of the chosen potato

3 Likes

Now I’m triggered, good job :smile:

2 Likes

Oh I’m at odds with it too sometimes. . .

“For He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.”

When people don’t like my self-righteous behavior I’ll justify it with arguments favoring Judgment.

“How else can anything be determined to be good?” “When you dress up in front of the mirror you’re also using Judgment! To determine how to look your best.” “If we decided everything that was crap was good then people should be content watching anything that comes on the television without convictions.”

Ah. I could go on forever. But that particular quote above paints everything in a different light for me.

77nick77 walks two blocks to the store and buys two pound bag of frozen french fries.

Completely and utter blasphemy. Be ashamed, sir.

2 Likes