Does sz have a sudden onset or does it happen gradually

it was gradual, the psychotic symptoms didnt start until my breakdown though,

i had been unwell since 15 but psychosis hit at 21

1 Like

Sudden for me. I had a nice productive life. Was a college student, had a job, was seeing someone then one day I start losing my marbles. The next few weeks I was out of it until I was hospitalized. I still was off for the first few months after meds. Was hospitalized again and started receiving an injection. From one day to the next my life was never the same.

2 Likes

Mine was an insidious or gradual onset. I’d had major depression for years, but then i started developing psychotic symptoms. Initially they thought it was psychotic depression, but then my depression went away and the psychotic symptoms remained, and they slowly got worse over time.

2 Likes

I had acute or sudden onset. Both of my episode were like that. Its like a switch was flicked and I was suddenly very psychotic.

3 Likes

No question mine was sudden.

2 Likes

Its both… Its gradual, but the collapse is sudden.

1 Like

Yeah both. I had insidious onset. It crept up on me over the course of a month or so. I slowly slid into delusionville. I was still working in a large workplace and it was hard to make sense of it all. Not much fun that experience.

2 Likes

Mine was gradual
At fourteen I became depressed
At fifteen I thought people could read my mind
At sixteen I had auditory hallucinations
At seventeen I began to hear voices
At eighteen I was hospitalized

2 Likes

@anon40653964
I’m sorry you lost so much.

2 Likes

Thank you, I appreciate your kindness.

2 Likes

Mine gradually went from mild to severe because I kept going on and off meds and I hear that makes you decompensate. I’m on meds now and am living a next to normal life. My noncompliance hurt me in the long run but I know I need my meds now and am happy with it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.