Does smoking temporarily reduce negative symptoms

thinking about smoking for the first time for an event that im going to i was wondering if it would help with negative symtoms such as apathy, lack of emotion, poor or nonexistant social functioning), and cognitive (disorganized thoughts, difficulty concentrating and/or following instructions, difficulty completing tasks, memory problems)

Dude you’re not going to want to smoke. They are designed to make you addicted. Cigarette companies work very hard to find ways to sell more. If you have one, later you’ll have two, then three until you’re smoking 5-6 a day then half a pack then a pack a day. Not worth it. You have an illness you have to address it the right way. cigarettes will make you sicker

1 Like

I fell into the same trap two years ago thinking they might aid me a bit, but it ended with me being miserably depressed. On top of that they cause cancer and deteriorate your overall and mental health

If you really want to try it, get some nicotine patches or gum. Dont smoke. You really dont want that habit. I read a report online compiled from some studies, and something in tobacco smoke lowered antipsychotic blood levels. It wasn’t the nicotine.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.