Does Schizophrenia Symptoms Get Worse if Untreated?

2 Likes

I cannot go off of medication. The year I went to my he hospital for a diagnosis my hallucinations worse worse than ever. I kept going to bed and calling prayer lines. My delusions were worse too.

2 Likes

Um…I have a hard time trusting an article that can’t even get the grammar right.
Shouldn’t it be “Do schizophrenia symptoms get worse if untreated?” ?

3 Likes

Niether can I. Everytime I’ve reduced my dose too much or tried a different medication that didn’t work over the last 18 years I had hallucinations and delusions.

Fortunately I got treatment fairly quickly after I started having psychotic symptoms and I responded well to it, side effects aside, so I didn’t deteriorate.

I’ll be on meds for life but I’m fine with that. I can function fine, work, socialize and have no psychotic symptoms.

The meds are not perfect but my quality of life ain’t bad all things considered. That being said I wish I didn’t have schizophrenia but it could be a lot worse based on other schizophrenics I’ve read about.

2 Likes

1 Like

I’m on 3 ap;s they are helping but i have an itch something is wrong. I really enjoy watching movies and having a blast in sea world. I found coping skills as to why im so bad as a person who doesn’t have vices and lives to die. thank you for listening to me…

1 Like