Does schizophrenia mean you are literally insane

another words you lost your mind.i heard doctor saying psychosis means you lost your mind.

3 Likes

Yeah thats what it means, none of what you were thinking is logical fits well into a fiction book maybe but when you have psychosis you lose your mind thats why its important to take your meds.

1 Like

but what about people around me.how can i live in a society and be comfortable with my surroundings if people think im crazy.

1 Like

Whats the problem with being crazy? I know that I am crazy and I just accept it its not really anything that I can control but Ive never hurt anyone. Ive gotten arrested 1 time but thats all cause I was really drunk.

1 Like

If someone tells me that I am crazy I just say yes I know

2 Likes

It means there is something your mind is dealing with that causes it to have abnormal thoughts. This is also possibly misdiagnosed or rediagnosed as a different disorder (my experience). What has helped me immensely is taking care of my general health and making sure I have human contact through friends and family. Schizophrenia is a word created by humans to explain a condition that is still not fully understood. Don’t let a label stop you, and don’t let being medicated make you feel any different than anyone else.

5 Likes

Think about it this way: your mind is just different, and yes the world sees you as insane, but there’s nothing wrong with having a mental disorder. It’s as same as other physical illness. After all, it’s a brain disease.

9 Likes

I do feel that I have lost my mind. thought it yesterday, what has happened? I have lost my mind

1 Like

but im realizing as im getting older my insanity is getting worse.im 40 now btw.how ever at the same time im kind of over it.im accepting it but i dont know there is one last puzzle i need to figure out.loving my self and loving one person.and i cant seem to find that person,which leads me to think of suicide.

1 Like

Nope, don’t think so. Just mean’s you are susceptible to insanity forms if criteria is met or if the brain has an issue with how it is functioning. Hard to say where the main cause lies and it maybe that it can be either of the two more so than the other given whatever a situation.

1 Like
  • Approximately 3.5 million people in the United States are diagnosed with schizophrenia and it is one of the leading causes of disability.

You aren’t alone at all @oulabi , and don’t think about self harm, the world needs you, everyone means something.

1 Like

i dont think the world needs me if am disabled.

1 Like

The world does because you are a being, and although we have struggles, we still have a voice that needs to be heard and can contribute and share as well as be accepted as a part of the universe. Also, disabled is just a word people made up to explain different circumstances.

1 Like

Maybe I lost my mind in the past, but now I’m stable. In fact I’m stable since I left hospital in 2007. I think if you are stable, you are not insane.

4 Likes

Terms such as “lost their mind”, “went crazy”, “gone insane” project the idea that people have lost something or sacrificed their sanity, or gone somewhere, but actually it’s conditions a brain struggles against to operate correctly, as well as deal with societal labels. I mean we use them, but it’s because we are conditioned to, but technically the idea it promotes is bad when you break down the words. We haven’t lost anything, we are just fighting something.

3 Likes

see thats thing,you absolutly right.we dont necessaryly feel bad about the label,its the stigma that gets us worse.we can recover but specially in my arabic culture.they particularly dont understand.

1 Like

To know that you can recover tells me that you are strong and can lead a good life. I think you can ignore those things.

can i ask a question

1 Like

Sure. ABCDEFGHIJ

why when im talking i get distracted by thoughts like video games.like a voice pops in my head,you are ugly,the devil is gona kill you,your a donkey.animal.then i get excited all of sudden about a movie or a game.

1 Like