Does Resperidone lower sperm count and such

So I got into a conversation with my wife about how long it took me to get her pregnant and we think it was the meds affecting my sperm count and such things similar to it. Took like over a year and constant unprotected sex lol. But seriously does anyone know if it affects it and if other medications affect it too? By the way my baby boy will be born sometime this week probably if he wants to come out lol.

6 Likes

You could always go see a urologist and get a semen analysis. That’ll give you your sperm count and some other stuff. It’s typical to take up to a year to get pregnant. And it’s just as likely to be her as it is to be you causing it to take longer to get pregnant.

2 Likes

I don’t know about lower sperm counts but I do know that Risperidone can decrease the amount of semen.

2 Likes

In males, it may result in decreased sexual ability, inability to produce sperm

http://rxoutreach.org/medication-monograph/Risperidone/Risperdal®/Psychosis/

2 Likes

Yeah I could do that. But we’re not planning on having any more children after this 2nd one lol. We we’re planning on doing it forever ago but just never did. Didn’t think that it would take a year lol

I was on risperidone when I got my wife pregnant. Wasn’t an issue with us. But who knows.

Congrats on your baby in the works @SailorTheFox59!

It can even cause testicular atrophy. Prolactin suppresses testosterone.