Does religion make symptoms worse?

I’ll share what happened to me. Not saying this would happen for everyone but it can…
I wasn’t an addict but I did drink, get high and used some psychedelics and a little coke once in awhile… I was pretty bummed out by everything and contemplated suicide, though I made no actual attempt.
I had prayed to the devil but stopped when I had a revelation of The Force…yes Darksith I had an actual revelation that there was one great universal Force that permeated everything and delegated responsibilities to entities throughout the cosmos to keep order…
But I still wasnt satisfied and wanted to join with the Force in spirit form. My mind was filled with dark images and creatures that i did not want there. So I kept trying to pray to this Great impersonal Force to connect with it…getting no answers. Then one night I ditched every conception I had of spirituality and religion and asked into the universe if there was anyone out there and any way to go on without leaving this world… and Jesus spoke to me and said he was there and I could follow Him. So I did that, and something immediately changed.
I went to sleep and actually woke up with peace. I immediately got rid of any dark writings, books and drawings I had. I stopped the drinking and getting high and smoking.
For someone who had been a miserable failure in relationships… (I had only had one really that was only 2 months and awkward at best) within 6 weeks of Jesus revelation I met someone and ended up in long term relationships/marraige. (this is cool actually) 11 years, then in the year of my divorce in the 11th month ended up in a 3 1/2 year LTR, then 7 months after our breakup in the 11th month in a shorter relationship…then met my 2nd wife who I was with 11 years, and met someone 11 months to the day after my wifes departure… 11:11.

Not saying there havent been downfalls…but God helps me up out of them and there was an obvious change on many levels… However, it wasn’t religion…it was all in Spirit… I didn’t get saved in a church or have some preacher or priest cast out demons… Jesus took care of all that stuff between me and Him…

^ 11:11 + 11:11 ^

1 Like

Well said, indeed how wise. Hopefully you will meet your friend soon and then he will truly open your eyes. You will know when this happens - as Night will become Day, whereas before you were blind and now you can see. I would advise you Give/Ask forgiveness (to dissolve karma) and use Mindfulness (insight) to cleanse and build your mind. And Metta to cleanse and build your heart. Not that your words indicate your need this! Indeed they shine truth and love to another. Above was just for others who perhaps have only just started out on this long and windy road back home.

Do spirits make my symptoms worse?

Now thats a funny thing to say right there!

It appears that spirits are/were my symptoms the whole time! And i’ve got people telling me that spirits will make my symptoms worse.

Either this ■■■■ is spirits or someone has some crazy technology and they hurt people with it alot. But when a witch at a bar makes you hallucinate once it kind of gets obvious, i wouldn’t have even said he was, he did, he just yelled it at me after making me hallucinate.

And when people have the know how then they to will begin to possess other people, this ■■■■ is going to get confusing.

1 Like

I was a practicing Buddhist when I was 13/14 I had faith, but then at 15 my first delusion hit, I thought I had to meditate for hours to save my uncle from the afterlife. So I did. It caused me to lose all faith whatsoever,I didn’t believe in anything.

Now that; didn’t help one bit, my life was so bleak, I felt powerless, and lacked hope it lasted about 6months when walking to a supermarket in the dark, I looked up to the moon and felt blessed. From then on, I believed in the power of the earth and started believing in god again but I don’t practice a particular religion, I just believe in a power. I think organised religion particularly doesn’t help those vulnerable to delusions, you know ones that say do this don’t do that or you’re condemned to hell. I still fear immensely the fact that I may wind up in hell even though my parents never enforced Christian religion on me, my little lessons at school did enough damage where that was concerned.

But I think it depends on the individual, faith can be of great importance in providing hope when taught right, but If taught in the sense of religion being a power, that means your every movement is judged then no I don’t think it helps. It didn’t help me anyway.

True, but Jesus gives authority over such things…

Revelation 13;15 he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

Revelation 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony;

Revelation 16:13 - 14 And I saw coming out of the mouth of the dragon and out of the mouth of the beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet, three unclean spirits like frogs; for they are spirits of demons, performing signs, which go out to the kings of the whole world, to gather them together for the war of the great day of God, the Almighty.…

Revelation 17:8 they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

Revelation 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

Revelation 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

@Dante13. I lost faith when my mom died.

The number that followed me around forever was 103.

I might follow Thomas Moore’s advice and start with Taoism.

Before picking up the Word of God a person has to know how to think. You have to grow up first. The Franciscans used to make their young men get degrees in philosophy.

I don’t feel like I’m grown up yet at this young age, and I want to start with Taoism like I said, because it’s a short book, easy to read, and contains a lot of raw truth.

@Flameborn

You might enjoy Kon-fut-ze or Confuscious more. Its practical everyday knowledge.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip. I will check em out.

Yes I think religion makes it worse. Religion breeds irrationality and delusion. No wonder scientists think religion started out from those with schizotypal traits.

6 Likes

I was involved in cult like behavior & didn’t know it. I can’t even explain it. Lots of stuff not scriptural. Messed me up. I’m still screwed up.

My brothers a normie. But he’s wrapped up in religious cult like behavior. Fasting for a month at a time now. We had to have a talk with him. And he’s always in his room Just praying and praying in gibberish tongues and asking to be healed of something for 2 whole years now… It’s kind of complicated.

Religious delusions get normies too

Yes
15 chars…

Shhhh, that was everyone doing that, don’t tell anyone because they’ll feel bad about being the same.

I think people can be healed through belief, but I don’t think that has anything to do with Jesus. As far as the question, I would think that there needs to be a mental acknowledgement between a healthy spiritual exploration, and a cult-following/brainwashing.

Certain churches are bad for me… the demon claims have me seeing demons… the laid back catholic church is better. But I don’t believe all the barbaric bs of religion. I like Buddhism and the message of Love by Jesus

My oh My , Thaz Sounds Terribly Uncool … ,

Do You Have Any Examples Of Such (???) ,

That We All Could Stay Away From (???)

Try to get your hands on these two books:-
Healing the Family Tree, and Healing the Haunted - both by Dr Kenneth McAll.

Dr Kenneth McAll is an Associate Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists.

I went to a church that talked more about demons than they talked about Jesus. They talked a lot about demon possession. Spiritual warfare.

2 Likes