Schizophrenia.com

Does music get better or worse over time? like listening to the same songs?

i took a ride to town today, and they were still playing the same songs on alternative rock station. i couldn’t listen to it for more than a few seconds. i find i get tired of listening to old music, i guess tastes change, but the more i listen to a song, usually the less i like it. anybody else this way?

2 Likes

Its gets worse if I listen to the same song on repeat. It becomes boring. There is a psychology behind it I guess. The brain likes changes.

2 Likes

I’ve been thinking that music is the hidden torture of civilization.

1 Like

that’s an interesting thought.

A lot of musicians are on drugs, the competition is uppermost in the mind making them anti social, and fame comes and goes in a minute. They also tend to be judgmental on each others ability.

1 Like

I’m very picky and I tend to like the old stuff.

1 Like

I just swop the radiostation. I like lots of different music. In musicemergencies I play flute, harmonica or sing songsparts I remember. Jazz is usually my cure for musicblockage. I like the classical radio as well. Music is the same since i can remember. Always different nice to hear. It takes awhile till my bongos make me bored. Only two notes. It drives some crazy, but i don’t want that, so I rarely play them.

2 Likes

‘Stairway to Heaven’ never gets old.

1 Like

I don’t get tired of some songs other songs I start to hate after a while

1 Like

I read that one form of torture is repeating the same song all day.

2 Likes

Sometimes I can listen to a song for half hour tops. Maybe even one hour but then I start to go mad if I continue listening after that

2 Likes

Yea all day would drive me crazy. My father told me Germany did that for many days during WW2 to torture prisoners. They would also make them hear water drops all day for many days in prison. Also attaching them to a bed under a faucet where a water drop falls on their forehead for several days.

2 Likes

Music can manipulate our feelings in a very annoying way.

1 Like

That sounds terrible.

2 Likes