Does meds exacerbated the negative symptoms?

Those meds are only helpful for the positive symptoms, but many didn’t have negative symptoms until they were put on meds.
I don’t believe schizo has negative symptoms per se, is a side effects from meds

1 Like

Why you don’t believe it? It is widely accepted fact

It’s a faulty theory, if you have high dopamine activity you simply can’t have anhedonia. Anhedonia comes after the blockade of d2

1 Like

You have low dopamine in one area, and high in another

1 Like

That’s doesn’t make sense, why would that be the case? It hasn’t be proven whatsoever.
Meds cures the positive symptoms and as a side effect, causes the negative symptoms

My negative symptoms didn’t change wether I lowered or upped my dose. When unmedicated I still had negative symptoms, maybe those are the result of positive symptoms like paranoia.
Maybe meds worsen negative symptoms but you have more negative symptoms when unmedicated bcz of positive symptoms.

What mean is that when I was unmedicated, I was afraid of people and going outside my room so I still stayed in bed all day everyday. Maybe meds don’t cause negative symptoms because many ppl on the same meds as me and even a higher dose have no negative symptoms compared to me.

2 Likes

Not true for everybody, why only 20-30% of schizophrenics get negative symptoms while 100% are taking meds?

@Om_Sadasiva is right, my psychiatrist told me the same, the problem with sz is that in some brain areas dopamine is high while in others it is low. He said its extremely difficult to make a made to affect a precise brain location and you would need over 4 pills. I don’t think we will ever have a cure for negative symptoms.

2 Likes

Is a faulty hypothesis bro. They can’t make claims of how the brain works because they dont know. Yet, they still arrogant whit those bold claims.
Any kind of dopaminergic blockade causes anhedonia.

1 Like

But why not everyone taking meds get negative symptoms? Anyways positives are worse than negatives so meds are doing more good than bad. We have no other choice than taking them.

1 Like

Because some meds have weak dopaminergic antagonism, like Seroquel, unbinds rapidly from the receptor and has low affinity.
Try 5mg of haldol and will crush any feeling of joy you may have left.
If they help you is ok, but the whole schizo theory is faulty

1 Like

I take haldol injection and two other aps, but currently no negatives. How is that possible?

You already to numb to noticed a difference bro

No, it’s just that your theory is not valid

2 Likes

How come here someone on Risperdal 6mg is studying in medschool and I am staying in bed all day with 4mg Risperdal?

What other choice do we have other than taking meds if your theory is true?

1 Like

You have been brainwashed whit the chemical imbalance theory pushed by pharma. You psych believes too because he don’t knows any better. I cant do more for you

Yes, everyone is stupid and you are the genius who found truth. Lol. Your problem, not mine

3 Likes

You shouldn’t have never trusted your brain to pharma. The brain hasn’t evolve to process those man made chemicals.

Whitout drugs you will feel more motivated and more joy. Just control your impulses if thats the reason they medicated you

I think for my self. Unlike you that do not question and follow blindly what they tell you to believe

You still didn’t answer me, I asked the same question 3 times. I am homicidal and suicidal without my meds, no thanks. Good for you if it works but you can get banned here for encouraging others to stop their meds.

1 Like