Does it look like schizophrenia?

First, i am new to this forum so apologize for any mistake.I am opening these topic because i wanted to know that if schizophrenic peoples have these symptoms.(By the way not a native english speaker.)

I saw this tread “Atypical Hallucinations”(cant put links but if you search it you will find) in this forum and related most of thing, I use Lustral and Risperdal with advice of my psychiatrist that i went to because of my anxiety and dpdr symptoms.

What happens for me started with me seeing cars or their wheels like they are moving instantaneously for a moment of time and sometimes i feel need to check if there is any driver.Then dpdr started and it is here most of the time for at least one year. But other hallucinative symptoms are these; pictures are moving a little like they dont stand still it is like little waves or vibrations but it is not happening all the time , it is like it starts when i didnt focused while looking at things. It is not just pictures , door, walls, most of the objects but it doesnt happen all the time, happens while i gazed at things unfocused.And for couple of weeks, time to time i see cats little animals in the corner of my eyes for a blink of time. But yesterday night i was sitting in a dark room and i saw my cat everywhere and they didnt fade away when i directly look at it , and imaginations of her was sometimes way bigger or smaller than her. It was dark and my cat’s fur is half black but it was unusual.

Actually, even though it seems kinda serious for me, i was fine with that because they didnt scare me or they are not serious symptoms when they compared with those have sz. So i am confused am i exagerrating or it is really a kind of sz that is not that serious/ just starting.

It could be the beginning of psychosis, but the only thing you can do is to tell your psychiatrist about these symptoms and hope for the best. And even if it is psychosis, it could just as well still not be schizophrenia.

4 Likes

hun, your visual images probably have a meaning, i would advice u to try to keep paying attention to all the little things u feel, trying to describe, understand, your schizophrenia, they might be important, but they also might be just senseless thigns also

They are just random things, i dont see any possible connections with them but thanks for rply

1 Like

My hallucinations are usually completely random too.

1 Like

You should go and talk with a psychiatrist doctor if it’s worrying you/bugs you

I would like to know if any of you has similar symptoms or what kinda hallucinations you see

It does look like hallucinations, there are many disorders that can cause them.

1 Like

sometimes i see weird stuff materialize in my field of vision

@fred what kind of weird stuffs? like surreal things or what?

Only a qualified psychiatrist can diagnose you @Ticcy_Robby.
Good luck!

3 Likes

@Wave thanks, my appointment is on 20june.However she didnt diagnose me since i went her but i think it is some sort of method not to diagnose the patience(i didnt ask either).

2 Likes

we are appointment twins @Ticcy_Robby, I have a psychiatrist app on the 20th too

Schizophrenia is typically coupled with other symptoms as well as hallucinations (I think you need 3 to be diagnosed) but the best thing you can do is not worry to much about the symptoms and diagnosis, and just be as honest as you can with the psychiatrist

I am really knowledgeable in a lot of terminology and now its hard to get the psychiatrist to believe me. I guess its better not to self-diagnose.

3 Likes

Sorry but what do you mean by it is hard to get the psychiatrist ? Why wouldnt she belive you when you know the terminology

2 Likes

I used to see images move too just slightly. Now I just see and can feel a shadow that takes form as a human.

2 Likes

how does it feel ? like wind? like solid object? @dbzmatt

I have an appt on the 20th too!

3 Likes

It feels very light but I can feel it touch my internal organs and it bugs me. I take Geodon as my only medication and it makes the sensation lessen so I don’t feel it as much. Scared me seeing a shadowy figure for a while at first now it’s just annoying.

1 Like

Naaaw psychiatists don’t like it when they think you’re smarter than them :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I don’t know why. I know I get delusions, I have delusional episodes on this forum. But if you tell the psychiatrist you experience delusions they’re less likely to believe you (in my experience) because “someone who has delusions wouldn’t know they have delusions”

I’ve also been kind of … not mocked but a nurse was suspicious of me and said “wow you’re well versed in all of this”
Like yeah I am? first and foremost I tried to do my own therapy for multiple years. Second of all I want to go into psychiatry so I have a general interest. And third of all!! Sometimes you do some searching on the internet and you figure out the terminology !

The psychiatrist also didn’t like the idea that I knew the terminology “suicide ideation”

Apparently that was written in my notes about me and he asked me if I had said those exact words. I honestly think you have to dumb it down to get treatment

4 Likes