Does intuition ever come back?

I feel like my intuition is either really good or really horrible. And everybody is telling me I’m wrong so it must be horrible. Like, I was walking today and I thought someone was talking about me. I didn’t think everyone i came across today was talking about me, but i did think this person was talking about me. I was with my mom and she said that he was just talking to his family. What he said seemed relevant to me, though. So it makes me not trust my intuition and I hate it. How am I supposed to make it in this world if my intuition is bad? So i’m wondering: Does your intuition ever come back or am I just screwed for life? Thanks.

1 Like

There have been some interesting intuition discussions on this forum. Not lately that I remember but in the past couple years since ive been here. My position on intuition is that it is basically guessing which would explain why yours is either really good or really bad. Instead of guessing you can apply reason more often.

1 Like

You found value in what he was saying so it doesn’t really matter who he was addressing.
My intuition was destroyed when my pdoc said I was wrong until I believed him over myself. It was the same as losing my mind.

2 Likes

I only believe in intuition to the extent that learned things can be so well known that you are able to identify certain things almost instinctually because of past experiences and such. I don’t believe intuition in the sense that many people believe in it. As some kind of 6th sense or something. When you think of it as some sort of almost magical sense, I don’t think it exists.

4 Likes

Yeah i think if i applied reason and said that there was no way he could have listened to me to know what i was talking about, i could dismiss my hunch as just a bad guess. I just hate making so many bad guesses

1 Like

Im not an expert but a lot of these things are probably habits we/ you have out of laziness. I feel for myself that even though i like to think that my brain does lazy stuff like intuition and imagination instead of the hard stuff like logic and analysis etc. I would be really pissed if some of what i thought was sz was actually just my brain bing lazy and giving me a piss poor version of reality.

1 Like

I feel like I’m good at detecting vibes.

I think everyone is tbh.

We don’t feel things for no reason imo.

1 Like

I think we vibe what we resonate with so I’m not surprised there’s ppl who don’t like me and I really don’t… Care. :disappointed:

Yeah but if you’re getting feedback from people close to you that your intuition is off, doesn’t that indicate that something is wrong with your intuition?

1 Like

Oh right yea, I think psychosis is kind of a different thing. That’s like actually illness.

1 Like

Right, so my question is if the ability to intuitively understand people ever comes back

1 Like

Sorry. OK. I mean it did for me. And some others. I’m not sure about you but I surely hope it does :green_heart:

1 Like

I don’t think you’re completely off on your intuition. Just at times

1 Like

I might misunderstand ppl too but I just don’t feel I do.

Maybe it’s grandiosity

i use to have great intuition but now i’m piss poor at trying to fig things out. This disorder has made it very hard for me to figure out some of the most simple inferences about life.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.