Does feel like a zombie gets better?

Ive reconsidered my point of view and I now realize that calling Schizophrenics on meds Zoombies isnt ok. People Can still be treated with antipsychotics so that they don`t loose that much of there personallity and at the same time get rid of there voices.

2 Likes

I moved to lower and lighter meds because I got tired of being a zombie. I’m okay with saying this.

2 Likes

I don’t feel a zombie on abilify. There are limitations to what I can do, some of which are emotional (anxiety, mood dips) and others I could overcome with a bit more willpower and discipline (laziness, negativity)

1 Like

Yes it will be better be patient, it’s first phase of healing sz , stay strong :muscle: first phase is nasty. But it can pass … work on your thoughts with some books or therapy. Take your meds and wait for small increments of better health. It’s long journey for recovery

1 Like

I feel tired/lethargic on paliperidone 150mg per month.

I can’t wait to quit this bs. Idek how I’m gonna lift weights next week feeling like this.

You’ll need a lower a dose or a different med if you want the zombie feeling to dissipate.

1 Like

Your choice of lowering your meds is understandable.

You know Andrey when Ive Got admitted 30 years ago I was put on Trillafon depot for half a year at the Max dose of 216 mg every other week. Let me tell you I did really feel bad on that 1. Gen. I had akatesia, dyskinesia, weightgain, hypotermia and,sexual dysfunction and I,was slowed Down to zumbie modus. That was really bad and I truely felt like a Zoombie. I just want to tell you that I really dont get the impression that any of you feel that bad so I`ll be more causions to use the term Zoombie in the future.

1 Like

You Got the right spirit keep on the fight.

There’s no rule against saying ‘Zombie’ if that’s how you felt back then.

Medicine has progressed since 30 years ago.

Hopefully another 30 years down the road they’ll be looking at ways to cure this illness. Not sure I’ll still be around to savour the victory.

1 Like

I feel like a zombie sometimes, but I think it’s more from the negative symptoms, than the APs. My negative symptoms manifest in just feeling super lethargic and unmotivated, among other symptoms too.

1 Like

I realize that I just feel that Well on my,current meds combo and say who am I to judge weater you or I`m a zoombie now a days.
Now were meds has helped me overcome insomnia has have Got a very good mood.

1 Like

Things can get better for you. Some say time heals.

1 Like

Oh yes my episode 14 years ago is clearly drug induced at this point. Thank God for my new psychiatrist to pin point that out

Thanks for your wishes
Clozaril was definitely heavy on the mind, especially if you don’t really need it

I used to be able to sleep some days for most part of the day
Now as I’m nearing the end of Clozaril I’m having very vivid dreams, trouble sleeping etc symptoms of insomnia :neutral_face: