Does exercising metabolize meds and make them wear off faster?

Does exercising metabolize meds and make them wear off faster?

wondering if this is the case because im not liking the effects of my current meds

I’ve been taking olanzapine for 2 months, it’s boosted my appetite as well as my physical energy. But it probably does make you lose a bit of your meds through sweat but not enough to notice .

I’ve been getting tingles in my legs when trying to fall asleep. Started with meds

1 Like

The only med that I know of that exercise affects is metformin.

1 Like

I don’t know, but I figured out that if I took large amounts of caffeine and ephedrine, and did moderate exercise, I could greatly weaken the effect of my Haldol decoate shot. They had substantially reduced my dose of Haldol before all that, though. It was a long time ago when I was much younger. I’m getting very sedentary in my old age, and I’m doing fine on Geodon and Seroquel.

1 Like

Yes. Exercise can increase your metabolism over time which can reduce effectiveness of any medicine. Usually when exercising regularly, medication should be increased. After time however if/when you become fit, your metabolism will settle and you can reduce your amount.

2 Likes

So exercise effects liver enzymes that break down the drugs? I thought it just increased food metabolism. I started exercising 30-40 minutes daily 2 months ago and I haven’t gone into withdrawl, and I’m very sensitive.

2 Likes

thank you guys so much your comments were very helpful. I think you may be right. my pdoc actually told me to exercise. i would like for them to reduce my meds but its an injection so no can do for now.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.