Does dieting make you unstable?

I’m in the process of losing weight and I am getting a bit unstable. Come to think of it, back in my rabid days when I was unmedicated losing weight always preceded an episode.

1 Like

I really don’t know. Did you ask your pdoc?

1 Like

I’m planning on it. It’s getting a bit annoying to say the least.

1 Like

I’ve never had dieting make me unstable makes me miserable and hungry. Being unstable may be totally unrelated to dieting.

2 Likes

Extreme dieting can make me unstable.

2 Likes

generally i have read and heard that maintaining a healthy low cal diet is excellent for the brain. if you are starving yourself – that is terribly unhealthy.

judy

3 Likes

I hope this time it doesn’t go like that
For me I lose weight while psychotic

2 Likes

I read about it, because i have the same concern.
My conclusion about this, from what i read is that a very low-calorie diet (like under 1400 kcal, for example) negatively affects psychological health.
However, a calorie restrited diet is good for a short time (6months).

1 Like

Not had this as an issue unless you’re doing something pretty radical? A grapefruit cleanse would seriously mess with your meds, for example. If you’re avoiding fad diets and losing weight responsibly, stability shouldn’t be a huge issue. Of course, I’m some guy on the Net. ALWAYS check with your doctor when you’re becoming unstable – they are the ones who can provide the best advice.

1 Like

I always do my writing on an empty stomach

keep that hunger

otherwise it will turn out like crap.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.