Does cariprazine cause sexual dysfunction

I would like to try cariprazine because i get sexual dysfunction with abilify and I also get bored.

Does vraylar cause sexual dysfunction for you. I know meds effect people differently but I’m curious because cariprazine has just been approved in EU. I think we’re calling it Reagila as opposed to Vraylar in the USA.

Abilify makes everything boring, even sex.

2 Likes

I think they will release it in the U.K soon…i think it will release in nepal after 20 year haha…we need breakthrough in sz reasearch soon…

1 Like

Thanks @far_cry0.

I’m sure it won’t take that long for your beautiful country called Nepal to get it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think all antipsychotics cause some degree of sexual dysfunction, whether it’s physical (like E.D.) or mental (low libido or apathy or anhedonia), and the higher the dose the more likely it is to cause it. But I would be interested to know which ones cause the least dysfunction. In case I ever have to go back on one.

2 Likes

Yeh I agree with you but when I was on risperidone I had high sex drive. Risperidone made sex better. But the weight gain was a problem. But since I now take abilify as well my sex drive doesn’t exist, but sometimes I feel like sex. I’m bored stiff.

1 Like

Good to know about risperidone. Thanks. Abilify sounds terrible.

1 Like

@Wesley.

Yeh but watch out for massive weight gain with risperidone. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Risperdal caused ED for me. Vraylar is pretty good.

2 Likes

Not that I know of but I don’t feel very sexual these days and haven’t in many years

2 Likes

I am on 12 mg risperidone and I have erectile dysfunction. my doc didnt believe that it was due to the drug.

3 Likes

@Om_Sadasiva.

Omg, the doc didn’t believe you? Does he even read up on schizophrenia?

he is good. but blamed it on the prolonged inactivity of my penis). but I know it’s the meds. it’s really frustrating…

3 Likes

This article was not encouraging in this regard. Even the ones they claimed were less likely to cause these problems have been reported here to cause them. They mentioned it caused med compliance issues-- yeah, of course it would. They take away perhaps the most fun thing a person can do.

1 Like