Does caffeine cause problems for you

I’m wondering if coffee makes anybodys mental or physical health worse I’ve been wondering for awhile can it cause like heart disease or like anything mental like depression or mania I was told caffeine causes mania and heart disease in some people I have cardiomyopathy already and of course mental health issues

1 Like

Also I heard coffee helps prevent diabetes so another question would be does it help you with physical or mental health issues

1 Like

Not a doctor, but if you have any problems with heart rhythm it is advised to avoid coffee and caffeine

1 Like

I don’t drink coffee but i usually take a caffeine pill to get me going in the morning.

As for your question: No, I don’t think it causes problems for me. Although, when I was taking one later in the day it did seem to keep me awake longer than I wanted to be.

I stopped taking one later in the afternoon.

2 Likes

I used coffee to get high in the past and it usually made me terribly upset so I quit. I started again a year ago drinking instant coffee this time and it stopped having almost any affect whatsoever and I drink it Expresso strength. I don’t know why my body changed so drastically it’s really strange.

2 Likes

My cardiologist says it does, but I think he’s a lyin’ ho.

4 Likes

I’ve never been high on coffee and I drink loads @Jinx its weird that it gets you high somethings work differently for others I guess it affects my sleep and supposedly it’s almost poison for my heart condition idk :woman_shrugging: I’d never think of drinking coffee to feel intoxicated just sayin

My limit is 3 mugs of coffee
Any more and I’ll probably get more anxiety and cycle.

1 Like

If I drink more than 135 mg of caffeine, it’s too much for me and increases my anxiety.

1 Like

I can have caffeine and go straight to sleep lol

4 Likes

I’m so jealous. If I could sleep after caffeine I would drink coffee all day.

2 Likes

Major problems. Im crazy sensitive to it.

2 Likes

It must be in my genes. My parents always drink coffee around 9pm then sleep at like 10

4 Likes

Caffeine doesn’t cause me any problems, usually. If I’m already becoming manic or going into a mixed episode, the caffeine will make the situation worse. I avoid caffeine once I realize my mood is getting all messed up.

2 Likes

My current psychologist says I’m sensitive to caffeine.

1 Like

I absolutely avoid all caffeine because it wires me and keeps me up all night.

1 Like

Had a cup today it got me feeling all kinds of good sometimes caffeine messes with me sometimes it doest give me anxiety its weird but today I liked it gunna have a cup tomorrow again

1 Like

It’s weird, but back in the 1990s when I was having ECT, they gave me intravenous caffeine right before my treatment…they said it was to reduce the seizure threshold. All I remember is the weird taste in the back of my throat when they administered it. Now when I drink coffee I get the poops, but it doesn’t happen when I drink Mountain Dew soda.

1 Like

Caffiene never bothers me only alcohol does (it makes me really sick)

2 Likes

I drank ten cups of coffee a day for forty years. Finally I gave up on that and started taking caffeine pills. I take two 200 mg pills of caffeine a day. I also drink a pot of green tea every day. I’ve heard that the most caffeine that you can safely consume is 400 mg daily, but I’ve ingested so much caffeine that it doesn’t have much effect on me anymore. My addiction is largely psychological. The doctor tells me that my heart is pretty healthy. I don’t know about the other parts of me.

2 Likes