Does aps stop working?

Are aps usually stop working on all patient by time. Or its just a small posibility. İs there any percentage for this? What is the chance for one patient of stop working?

2 Likes

I think you get used to the dose,there is never enough and there is never not enough.My view is if your on 5mg,after some time you get used…if you increase your dose to 20mg,after some time you will also get used and maybe your problem come back…this is what I observe on myself

2 Likes

İt may lose effectiveness But it shouldn t back so hard like pre-medicine time. İt must have difference.

2 Likes

Yes,but there’s other options.For example,I was on clozapine 20 years.At first,it was a great med.Then it did not stop working,just wasn’t any more good for me.I had intrusive thoughts,and delusions in a way.So I changed to risperidone,and so far it’s big difference.I ocasionally was on it but always return to clozapine.Now that I know clozapine is not a drug for me,I would rather ask for something else,if risperidone fails.People’s brain chemistry changes during time.

2 Likes

@anon70049667 so except from intrusive thoughts and delusion was it any differences on halucinations? Does it lose effectiveness against of them?

1 Like

No,I just think that my brain was so used on one drug that it didn’t match with my brain function.I still had better function skills and concentration,but it didn’t bind to D2 receptors in brain like risperidone does.

2 Likes

For me it didnt stop working yet. But i have only been on meds continually for 2 years and never on regular doses for longer than half a year or so.

I want to know as well. I fear it.