Does anyone take Trazodone?

Yea I take Trozadone too, how long before going to bed do ye take it?

I used to take trazodone. I started taking it in 2011 for a bit. I was on 300mg.
2014 got it back and 50mg did the trick for a couple years, then I switched pdocs and he took me off it. I took it on an PRN, both my pdocs within those years didn’t see a problem with it prn. Some nights I took clonazepam, and other nights trazodone. Gave me weird dreams at first, then they died down. Sometimes I’d break off a piece to take a nap if I had school work to do. It did the trick

@Longhorn21, my symptoms at first were in the day, and then they escalated at night too. Pdocs were constantly concerned about my tactile hallucinations at night, and nurses from group therapy had a hard time believing all the terror I was going through. Symptoms changed for me though. You might still be in the prodrome phase, but just keep taking the AP as you don’t want brain damage, and so you can catch it early.

1 Like

While it is technically an antidepressant, it is generally just prescribed for sleep nowadays as it is non-addictive.

I was on it for quite some time. It made me sleepy when I took it in combination with a benzo. However it also made me sweat like a pig at night to the point where I started sleeping naked and would stain my sheets with sweat. Yeah, gross. I kept gaining tolerance to doses and eventually didnt want to increase it anymore so quit.

I take it for sleep

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.