Does anyone take stimulants regularly?

I am on risperidone. When I was on risperidone and adderall I thought I would be safe but the voices gradually came back, so I freaked out and quit the adderall. The reason I know Vyvanse is dangerous too is because of ive read in the drug forums about both adderall and Vyvanse regarding amphetamine psychosis. They are similar.

1 Like

I think because I’m on the invega sustenna shot that releases the medication in my bloodstream constantly that I don’t become psychotic. Moreover it blocks some of the method of activation that comes from the vyvanse. I have a question tho, if you’re bipolar, is it safe to take a stimulant? I know a couple people that are bipolar and take stimulants but idk what the view is on it. That’s probably how I’ll get the stimulants, I’ve always had adhd but if I’m diagnosed with sz I know my chances are slim to none.

Do you tell your doctor about the voices you hear and hallucinations? That’s more than just the bipolar disorder don’t you think

Oh I’m leaning towArds sz definitely. Sadly I’m no longer in denial about it. But they said I was bipolar with psychotic features as of last hospitalization. I’m gunna not mention the psychotic features when I get my new doc bc then he/she would prob not be ok with taking vyvanse. But when I say leaning towards bipolar, I think it’s ok to still identify as that to my family and doctor bc there’s less stigma, and in the end they’re treated the same, medication wise. BUT with exception to stimulants. Bipolar people can take stimulants without a worry for relapse I guess. Idk how that applies to the psychotic features part but I’m not going to highlight that.

So I’m definitely being selective with my history, but the treatment of my illness will be the same regardless.

What’s funny is, again, I did exactly what you are saying. I was selective about my history. Ultimately it’s a dick move because the pdoc can lose their licence for giving you dangerous medication after everything goes south. My pdoc was livid after I started hearing voices again.

Ok yea I guess I’m just banking on the Vyvanse never causing psychosis or anything like it. If I take it as needed I don’t see the harm, and in your case I prob wouldn’t have told the doc I was hearing voices again I’d sadly just stop the stimulants. I’m gonna have to stop them if my mind goes south with them it’s just They haven’t so far. And it’ll be small things that make me realize I should stop j dint think one day I’ll be in the streets psychotic as f*ck.

I needed more Ap’s and something was clearly wrong with me when I went back to him. Shortly after I switched pdoc’s.

I’ve been taking Concerta 108 mg and Ritalin 10 mg (combined) on a daily basis (in addition to Abilify) for longer than four years, since my psychosis-NOS diagnosis, and have encountered no problems.

That’s good to hear. Idk why they prescribe u stimulants with a paychosis NOS diagnosis tho. I better be able to find a doctor that believes I’m bipolar even tho I’m prob sz bc I need vyvanse just to combat side effects in general.

That’s exactly the type of things my voices wud say to me wow