Does anyone sleep with the house boiler in their bedroom?

i really don’t like it

kind of scary noises of flames and such

plus

im in charge of when the boiler is on and off

kinda annoying

only seeing as the boiler is in my room

3 Likes

You should charge your housemates special fees for running it in winter.

:crazy_face:

2 Likes

Not in the same room, but I’m in the basement with the hot water heater.

1 Like

I don’t know what you mean by boiler. Do you mean the hot water tank or something like a furnace to heat the home?

In any case mine are both downstairs in the same room and I don’t hear a thing from them. The furnace fan can get a little noisy if you are in the room, but it is the laundry room so I rarely go in it.

1 Like

I used to yes …. It used to bug me it was there so I kinda feel your pain.

1 Like

i am not sure wat it is called in canada

it is the thing which controls the gas in the house

i hate it

1 Like

Here its mostly electrical heating. My house is electrical heating.

1 Like

I honestly don’t know if we have a gas control. The hot water tank is heated by natural gas, there is probably a knob to turn it off somewhere, but I’ve never used it.

1 Like

Hmm that might be it. I don’t really know how it works but I can hear flames and it’s slighlty unsettling

1 Like

We have a little pilot light (flame) you can see under the water heater, but I can’t hear anything. It is dead silent.

1 Like

I wish mine was like that lol.

1 Like

Damn how expensive is that? Electric heatic is super expenaive here.

3 Likes

My first apartment had something like that. It was noisy. Only stayed a month as my landlord was a huge privacy invading jerk.

1 Like

Quebec is blessed with a lot of hydro electric power. They are the leading producer of it in Canada. Probably plays a role as to why it is cheaper there…

I’m in Ontario and have a natural gas furnace

3 Likes

Was waiting to see a pic of this boiler

1 Like

I think Quebec is one of the places with cheapest electricity. I know in winter it gets to -30sC and we never paid more than 700$/3months to heat our 2 floors plus basement home. In summer sometimes the electricity bill is under 100$/3months.

My gas and electric bill is averaging 300.00 a month now, was about 120.00 when i moved in about 12 years ago

1 Like

Here we got Hydroquebec.

That’s expensive!

I never paid more than like $150 a month in winter and like $40 a month in summer until I got kids who keep messing with the thermostat and leaving every single electronic on forever.

1 Like

Yea but does it get to -30 -40C where you are?