Schizophrenia.com

Does anyone know

I always liked forums of all kinds!

1 Like

My father and brother knows but they don’t have the details.

2 Likes

I just call them people with schizophrenia. Or even better, call them by name.

1 Like

Yea I was just kidding

1 Like

Yeah, that kinda dawned on me.

2 Likes

I’ve had experience though like I will tell someone I am schizophrenic or whatever and they like don’t think it’s a big deal. And then I go off meds and flip out and they stop talking to me :joy:

3 Likes

We are kind of crazy hallucinations and delusions are some serious stuff!

I’m not the biggest fan of someone calling me crazy cos of this condition. Even if they have the condition themself. It’s just got some negative connotations. I suppose that’s why.

1 Like

It’s a crazy condition to have is all I’m saying.

I joke about taking crazy pills sorry if I offended anyone it helps me cope!

1 Like

No one knows and very few people know I have sz

1 Like

My parents and pdoc know

2 Likes

My brother knows I’m on here but he doesn’t know my username.

My brother is a loving little oompah loompah, so he doesn’t judge me. :wink:

2 Likes

my roommate knows, i would tell more if the topic arose. but i dont exactly have many people to talk to

1 Like

I told my psychiatrist that I frequent a Mental Health Forum.

My wife and siblings know I post on a Schizophrenic website. It’s no big deal or concern for any of them.

2 Likes

I told my shrink and it didn’t register on his radar. I’m not sure he would know about this place and that doesn’t bother me. I get value from this community and that is all that matters to me. My doctor is pretty busy in our health system so it’s no slight it just probably doesn’t sit on his radar.

Some friends/family know but they don’t use this site…and I have an uncle who married a sz aff girl. I talk about it often with her but she doesn’t frequent support sites…

3 Likes

i told my parents bros and gf. just said its a forum for mental health. my gf knows its a sz forum.
my pdoc knows but she said as long as people didnt give me weird ideas or to take no meds or something then its all good.

3 Likes