Does anyone know someone who recovered from antipsychotic Depot

Never took the pills, they started me on the injection within a day of getting to hospital. It takes about 5-6 months for the drug to be considered not having an effect on your body anymore. Ive been off it for a year and a half. I feel fine, but i know it sucks. That drug took the life right out of me.

Youll feel better, takes time.

1 Like

How many did you get

Im not sure, probably 6 or 7. I was getting them every 3 weeks at 150 mg.

I only took one of them

When did you take it? I dont think it matters how many you get, just 1 will still take 5 half lives to be gone (1 half life is about 25-55 days for that drug if im remembering right). But in reality you wont feel much from the drug after 2-3 half lives.

As for me i stopped the drug last year in April, and laid in bed for 20 hours a day until june. But dont follow my example!

Pro tip: exercise makes you get that stuff out faster. So become a jogging junkie or something and youll feel better in no time.

1 Like

I do the same thing I donā€™t get out of bed

I just lack creativity and natural drive I donā€™t have a paradigm I need my brain back I think it takes a year to recover from a single shot

About a month or two

I became psychotic again about 1 and half months after an abilify 250mg injection. 6 months is a long ass time, they arenā€™t that strong. Maybe because itā€™s a different AP? Weird.

@jane_doe u recovered from invega sustena after 5 shots.

U Will recover I promise. When I had the shots I was rendered completely useless invega sustena truly is poisen.

But it get better and better after each month of recovering.

I know itā€™s hard to say donā€™t stress as I know u are but time will heal you.

Regards
Wallafish

3 Likes

Antipsychotic depot helped me recover from schizophrenia when I was too ill to remember to take my meds. Youā€™ve got it backwards.

:blush:

Did u ever take invega sustena ?

1 Like

Iā€™m happy for you but i canā€™t live my dreams like this and Iā€™m trying to keep myself alive maybe you misunderstood my topic

2 Likes

I didnā€™t misunderstand your topic. Stop freaking over the injections, theyā€™re helpful.

No they not.

I nearly died on invega sustena

3 Likes

If I wanted brain damage I would have opted for ect maybe bc you werenā€™t forced

2 Likes

What do you even do all day I canā€™t get out of bed

2 Likes

Going to work like I do every day. I had side-effects from Invega and it didnā€™t work as well for me as Geodon, but no lasting damage.

2 Likes