Does anyone know how to lose 20 pounds quickly?

In terms of types of exercise, I don’t know how your ability to jog has been affected by the condition or meds but jogging is effective.
But unfortunately it does need to be linked up with a healthy diet to be most effective. Maybe you already do that I dunno.
Too quick weight loss can cause gallstones or something or so i have read.

Cool. I used to dance all the time. I remember in college there was this dance contest. The person who danced the longest without stopping would win and I won.

2 Likes

no way ,thats sick! that actually kinda difficult lol i gotta take breaks yo -_-

1 Like

Actually, starving yourself will use fat stores first due to the human body’s basic metabolic rate then extract nutrients from muscles if fat stores or depleted.

3 Likes

That’s wrong. There is a minimum amount of calories you need to eat to lose weight.

By starving yourself, you will burn some fat, but mostly muscle as the body will hold onto that fat for as long as possible so you don’t starve to death. This seems like it’s not a bad idea since muscle weighs more than fat, however it’s very dangerous because there’s no way of knowing which muscle will begin to weaken. It’s why some anorexics can starve themselves for years without dying, while others die within a few months from heart failure. Your body can burn through thigh muscle, arm muscle, ab muscle, or it can burn through heart muscle and lead to cardiac arrest.

1 Like

Go to a country where they have little food but are not in a famine. You will be limited enough in what you eat that you will lose weight.

I’m losing weight by eating small portions three times a day. use a small saucer to fill your dinners on…you can have two saucers but no more.

Well from personal experience, fasting for more than 10 hours will definitely use up the fat stores as a person will urinate the burned carbohydrates due to the human body’s basic metabolic rate. I haven’t starved myself to the point where my body has extracted nutrients from my muscles. I have been able to consistently lift my target weights during exercise so perhaps each person’s body reacts differently when in a starving state.

The human body cannot survive without water in 2 days and cannot survive without food for a few weeks depending on the person’s fat stores. And yes, muscle does weigh more than fat when compared to weight per cubic cm/inches.

Cut off anxiety and watch the pounds drop…

2 Likes

According to some studies happier people tend to be thinner and more active and ate healthy i think the key is to find happiness within yourself without going to external things like food etc i know its an internal struggle personaly.

There’s a quite simple explanation to that… ahem

problems bring anxiety, anxiety is an anguish, affliction in your mind, you feel bad.

When feeling like this you tend to stay more at home and look for ways to relieve, ease this ‘pain’ so there’s a thing like no other to relieve and get relaxed

eating

when you eat nothing else matters, you just feel so calm and full of joy, just like when you satisfy any of your other physiological needs.

I also have to add that some people instead of resorting to eating they fall into other addictions; drugs, gaming, gambling, addiction to work…etc only to ease this anxiety…

As long as you don’t fix your life problems you are gonna still have this anxiety and therefore will probably resort to eating to feel better, but only for a moment,

The only way to actually feel good and get rid of the anxiety is fixing your problems.

1 Like

Starving yourself for 10 hours isn’t going to do jack sh it. You will burn some fat when you starve yourself, I said that. But as you continue to starve yourself, your body will try and protect its fat stores for as long as possible. That’s why people who are starving look skeletal and not toned (okay I’m talking out of my ass on this one, but it’s a logical conclusion to come to). How long did you starve yourself?

note: When I say “starving yourself,” I don’t mean no food at all. I mean depriving your body of vital nutrients and not eating enough calories to fuel your organs.

The calories which are burned to fuel the human body (basic organ function) is the basic metabolic rate. Calories burned can come from food or fat stores. Starving means no food for a certain period of time.

I skip breakfast and eat a bit of lunch. There is no way I am going to starve for days. That’s just abnormal but does occur in certain circumstances. Reducing my daily caloric intake compared to my caloric output does lower one’s overall weight. People who look skeletal may have an eating disorder but each anoerexic or bullimic person is a case by case scenario. As for those toned and muscularly defined people, they have single digit fat percentages and a very disciplined diet where they eat no foods that contain hugh concentrations of fat.

No, you’re right, I did some reading. The body does burn fat first, then muscle. I just don’t understand why some people can still be fat while having damaged heart muscle from prolonged starvation.

1 Like

How quickly? The faster you lose it, the less safe and lasting it will be. Most super fast plans tend to cause you to lose water weight and not weight from using up fat.

1 Like

I saw the keto diet on t.v. the other day and I got to say it seems much better than other diets.

Try looking it up.

My brother did it for a while and it really works great.

It also seems to help with a lot of health issues.

I made fun of it at first but really it seems good.

Its great because you can enjoy a lot of foods you probably already do.

I make my own chocolate as a snack but I think you can even enjoy peanut butter cups if you watch what ingredients you put in by making it yourself.

1 Like

LOL 0876987698769hh

I lost quite a bit on a pescatarian diet. Lots of fish/seafood and beans and eggs and nuts/seeds for protein. I made a protein smoothie without using powder every morning. I ate lots of veggies and lowered my bad carbs. I didn’t stay on it which unfortunately put the weight back on.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.