Does anyone here have inner peace?

@waterway but see i changed all my thoughts thats how i feel bliss now and again

I wouldn’t need two antidepressants and lithium if i had.

1 Like

I usually feel ‘inner peace’ when I strum my guitar or sit down at the piano to work on a tune.

2 Likes

@waterway did you ever get a shock?

what do you mean by shock? if you mean trauma, yes I had extreme stressful situations a couple of times.

rising above them plays a part on a daily baseses

1 Like

dont mind me asking but what were they?

a lot of people very close to me tried to set me up in some ways and ruin my life. It was a shock because I wasn’t expecting and I was really hurt. I survived, but during this time I was also getting psychotic, so I don’t know if the situation triggered it or my lack of good judgement had an influence.

1 Like

hugs from ireland here beruit woman, you went through the wars, something to be proud of,

1 Like

Sometimes, I think it is just a matter of accepting the unacceptable.

At times I have a sense of inner peace. When I am out in nature and other situations. But my moodys go up and down too much to have it permanently.

I had some degree of inner peace until recently. Even when I have peace there are parts of me that are wild with rage. I just keep them compartmentalized.

I have found and developed an inner peace for the first time in my 32 years of living. I did it with mindfulness techniques (the act of being aware of the present). My therapist actually combines it into CBT sessions. And I credit it for much of my ability to work towards recovery.

Here is a cool set of techniques from a Psychology Today article:

It involves writing out your thoughts/stressors, and organizing them into groups:

1. Deal with Now
  2. Maybe Later
  3. Forget

As you’re categorizing these thoughts/stressors, you find that many of them are just junk. And the majority of your worries are over things that you can do NOTHING about. So, obviously, they get assigned to the Forget group.

You’ll also find that there are few thoughts or stressors that you can/want to deal with now. And this frees up your mind to plan the Maybe Later items.

After you’re done dealing with things now and planning the Later, just sit there. Focus on the present moment: how your mind feels, how your body feels, what you see/hear/smell/taste. I often say these things aloud; to reinforce the moment. And if they’re pleasant, following them along to whatever comes next.

It’s basic mindfulness training to let go of stressors and trying to control the uncontrollable, and living in the present.

There are many other mindfulness techniques–both from the psychological community and from the spiritual community (like zen Buddhism). Do some searching and practicing, because peace for people with schizophrenia takes effort.

Blessings,

Anthony

1 Like

I have brief moments of peace and contentment - it feels so good.

Sadly I don’t feel these things enough but when I do I feel I have won a little victory.

They keep me going.

I’ve had few moments of inner peace, exercising at the gym in the morning, having a cup of coffee, conversing with my mom and sister.