Does anyone here have fibromyalgia?

Does anyone here have fibromyalgia?
How to overcome this disease?

1 Like

I believe @Blossom does? I was in the process of getting assessed for it before covid lockdowns started happening

1 Like

What happens is that I received this diagnosis from a doctor, when I was in a crisis of infernal pain. This disease attacks the tissue of the body, causing an unusual heating of the skin, and a strange pain that appears to be half psychological and half biological.

1 Like

I have fibro. These are my symptoms:

• Widespread pain (muscles & joints)
  • Stiffness
  • Prickling, burning, and shocking pains/sensations
  • Extreme fatigue
  • Poor sleep quality
  • Cognitive difficulties (“fibro fog”)
  • Severe clumsiness and coordination issues
  • Headaches / migraines
  • Temperature sensitivities
  • Extremely painful menstrual periods

I’ve done a lot of reading about fibro and I learned that pain that feels like it’s in your muscles, ligaments, tendons, bones, and joints is all very normal and expected with fibro. However, fibro causes no joint damage, muscle damage, or nerve damage – the pain of fibro is caused by a problem in your CNS (central nervous system, AKA brain and spinal cord) where pain signals are misinterpreted (that’s the most common theory by scientists). So, with fibro, you basically hurt all over because your body is super sensitive to normal stimuli.

I’m sorry you were diagnosed with fibro, @Andy. It’s no fun. But if you can find a supportive doctor who is knowledgeable about fibro, they might be able to help you get some relief from pain and fatigue.

I use a shower bench. I wear patellar stabilizing knee braces when I leave the house. I use a stool in the kitchen, sometimes, to sit while cooking. Voltaren gel might help your pain. I also take CBD (with only 0.3% THC) that helps when I’m in pain.

Wishing you the best. :relaxed:

1 Like

@Blossom

It’s been very difficult to bear the pain, because these pains affect the whole body. There are times when I can’t stand to be still and I walk around the house. It’s horrible. I can’t sleep well, my thoughts get confused. It seems that just touching something causes pain. There is an unusual hypersensitivity of pain, as if in a person who does not have fibromyalgia it is not interpreted as severe pain, but for someone who has fibromyalgia the 5 natural senses are much more sensitive.

1 Like

I know what you mean. Has your doctor recommended any pain meds? For fibro, you could try meds like Lyrica, Cymbalta, Gabapentin, and maybe a few others.

1 Like

Fibromyalgia is a diagnosis of exclusion. It is basically “We don’t know why you are hurting so we have this name for it.”

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia, but now am being re-evaluated for Ehlers-Danlos syndrome because a family member recently was diagnosed with it. EDS is a disorder in connective tissue that causes hypermobility in most/all joints, which leads to joint pain because they are frequently moving in ways they aren’t supposed to. It can cause some other stuff too, like stomach issues, heart issues, and such.

I was diagnosed with fibro, but an rheumatology clinic told me I most likely have sero negative Lupus. It makes sense because of the other autoimmune disorders I have.

But exercise helped me bring my symptoms way down. I went on a daily exercise routine 4 years ago. I even exercised through a flare. It interrupted the symptoms and i haven’t had a bad flare since. This is even with stopping the exercise.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.